Do you have any tips for NHL 09?
Games Guru: As you move from amateur to the Stanley Cup, here are some tips:
– Be patient on defense. Don’t overcommit by rushing at the puck carrier. Hold down the poke check button and your player will automatically block passing lanes and shots.
– Be conservative when you have the lead by using the 1-2-2 High forechecking strategy and dumping the puck into the offensive zone. When down by a goal, switch to the 3-2 forechecking strategy to quickly get the puck back.
– When you have the puck in the offensive zone, work it around the perimeter until a chance opens up. Shoot from the point when there is traffic in front of the goalie.
– Use the Create Plays feature to tell your teammates where you want them to be. Customize breakouts, rush plays and offensive zone strategies.
– To get to the net with the puck: In the neutral zone, use the new push puck control to give you more speed. Use the new protect puck control to power your way to the net.