What can you tell me about the new Backyard Baseball game for the Wii?
Games Guru: The newest version of the popular cartoony baseball game has the announcer call out your name when you’re up to bat. Here are some tips:
- Grainy Acres Ranch is a home-run hitter’s dream. Aim for the short porch in left field.
- Flick the Wii-mote down just a the release point to increase your pitch rating. The strike zone will turn red if you time it correctly.
- Swing a little early on inside pitches to pull the ball. If the pitch is outside, swing a little later to smash the ball to the opposite field.
- On easy difficulty, the pitcher will throw strikes every time, so swing away.
- Not every player can hit home runs, so look at your batter’s power rating before swinging for the fences. The contact swing makes it easier to get wood on the ball.
On an easy pop fly, pull of a jump catch by pressing the C button when the ball is about to be caught. You’ll earn a lot more power-up juice this way.