MarioKart DS

How do you unlock characters? Thanks for your help!

unlock Waluigi. You unlock Dry Bones by winning the Nitro Grand Prix in 50cc.

Do you have any tips for this game?

Games Guru: Did you see the movie “Cars?” Remember when Doc was trying to teach Lightning McQueen how to drift around corners? Well, that lesson is ultra-valuable in MarioKart. If you hold the Right shoulder button down as you make turns, your car will go into a speed-saving slide around the turn.This is the key to fast, fast race times.

How do you unlock characters? Thanks for your help!

Games Guru: You unlock characters by winning the gold in different tournaments with different engine classes. You unlock Princess Daisy, for instance, by winning the Retro Cup with a 50cc. Win it with the 100cc kart, and you unlock Waluigi. You unlock Dry Bones by winning the Nitro Grand Prix in 50cc.

44 Comments on MarioKart DS

1. redhead736 // July 8, 2010 at 7:51 am // Reply

my neighbor has that game

2. best game ever! i must win!

3. randomperson10 // June 13, 2010 at 2:41 pm // Reply

hey mario kartbeast,i tried that and it no work

4. Mistery Man // June 9, 2010 at 12:08 am // Reply

I am wondering if you can unlock more people,i have just gotten Waluigi.

• nintendoman // June 20, 2010 at 8:40 pm // Reply

hey mystery man get the mushroom cup on 150cc to get dry bones

• I unlocked them exept ROB I know do you?

• ABlueEyedBeast // June 27, 2010 at 9:59 pm // Reply

If you beat 50cc, 100cc, and 150cc, then you should unlock Mirror Mode, which is basically 150cc, but the turns are reversed; for example, if you normally make a right, in Mirror Mode, you will make a left. Once you beat Mirror Mode, then you should have all of the characters with an added bonus: THE CHARACTERS CAN USE ALL OF THE CARS!!!

5. boysrule58 // May 8, 2010 at 5:16 pm // Reply

How do you unlock R.O.B, and can you get him on MK Wii?

6. cbvfbdcbvb // March 20, 2010 at 8:15 am // Reply

BABY MARIO RULES!

how do u get all chracters,and all cups, and a star ranking?

7. mariokartds // March 10, 2010 at 2:37 pm // Reply

I wish there was more characters like bowser jr.or kamek

8. boysrule58 // March 7, 2010 at 1:10 pm // Reply

this is hard

9. my fav cheat is on DK MONTAN. if u want 2 no ask.

10. Useful tip from ME!: Peach is super gullible in Grand Prix. She’ll run into almost all of the fake item boxes. Bye!

11. KOOPA TROOPA MASTER // January 20, 2010 at 5:16 pm // Reply

cool game, but harder than MK wii

12. can a person gain a rating of pro in mario kart?

13. tops karts for mario kart: karts best for secret pasageway: Yoshi’s Cucumber DryBones Big kart, Best for speed: Yoshis egg kart Toad’s mushroom drys bones tank :Best combonation for ultimit concure Rob in Yoshis Reg kart

14. ok pikachu what are ccs

15. I just use an action replay to get stuff like rob
    for normal mode.

16. To get rob u have to beat all cups on mirror mode

17. This is my nikname is right, I beat the game and 20 expert staff ghost along and still counting:-) including one over 10 secconds!!!

18. rinos are awesome // January 3, 2010 at 5:19 pm // Reply

all I am missing is rob

19. Games guru,

my friend has a character on mario kart and its a robot named R.O.B., how do you unlock him?

• white shark // January 6, 2010 at 8:01 pm // Reply

to get it you beat the last boss on challenges

• If you do a track with mud of whatever on it, big a smaller dude like toad or yoshi. bowser and other big characters go slower in mud. for instance, dont do luigis mansion with like dk or bowser.

TOAD RULES!!!!!

20. this game was okay but most games are better

21. i ALMOST beat it

22. i need help

23. mariofanatic64 // December 25, 2009 at 10:42 pm // Reply

to anyone arguing about characters, read this.
    -King Boo isn’t playable, he’s a mission boss.
    -Kamek was never in the game.
    -R.O.B. was the last unlockable character.
    -You can play as Shy Guy via Single Card Download Play.
    I should know, I have completed the game 100%

24. I BEAT ALL.

25. Pikachu Lover 12 // December 14, 2009 at 4:54 pm // Reply

I am the master of this game. I will answer your questions.