MarioKart DS

How do you unlock characters? Thanks for your help!

unlock Waluigi. You unlock Dry Bones by winning the Nitro Grand Prix in 50cc.

Do you have any tips for this game?

Games Guru: Did you see the movie “Cars?” Remember when Doc was trying to teach Lightning McQueen how to drift around corners? Well, that lesson is ultra-valuable in MarioKart. If you hold the Right shoulder button down as you make turns, your car will go into a speed-saving slide around the turn.This is the key to fast, fast race times.

How do you unlock characters? Thanks for your help!

Games Guru: You unlock characters by winning the gold in different tournaments with different engine classes. You unlock Princess Daisy, for instance, by winning the Retro Cup with a 50cc. Win it with the 100cc kart, and you unlock Waluigi. You unlock Dry Bones by winning the Nitro Grand Prix in 50cc.

505 Comments on MarioKart DS

1. RoboR.O.B. // July 1, 2009 at 5:31 pm // Reply

THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER

2. ez come ez go // June 30, 2009 at 8:05 am // Reply

hey soloman101, beat my new time i got this morning!! Tick tock clock: 1:26:049!!! beat THAT!

3. There really needs to be a Mario Kart Wii comment board.
    Oh! and people I have unlocked everything on Mario kart Wii, but before you buy it Get Super Mario Galaxy and have a save file on it.Than play 50 Races on Mario Kart Wii and you get Rosalina (the easy way)

4. SimRacer2024 // June 26, 2009 at 9:03 am // Reply

To get the robot guy, you have to win every cup in the Nitro Grand Prix (150cc Mirror) with Gold trophies in each.

5. soloman101 // June 25, 2009 at 12:42 pm // Reply

Hay ez come ez go! My time on tick-tock clock was 1:28:392

6. how do you get the robot guy

7. Can u unlock King Boo and Dry Bowser on Mario Kart DS? If so can u help me? Also, how do u know that u have a star during wi-fi?

8. ez come ez go // June 18, 2009 at 9:09 am // Reply

my time on tick-tock clock is 1:33:209. beat that!

9. ez come ez go // June 18, 2009 at 9:07 am // Reply

I have everything, everybody, I have 3 stars and have 3 stars in missions including level 7 and 3 stars in all grand prix races!!!!!!! ps. u cant unlock shy guy, he only comes to wireless for people who dont have the game

10. champion of racing // June 9, 2009 at 8:27 pm // Reply

there is a champion in the house and that is me.
    record 30980-1

11. I unlocked 150cc Mirror class on mariokartds. To unlock it you have to beat 150cc nitro and be Dry Bones in his tank.

12. I have R.O.B.! all you have to do is beat lightning cup on 150 cc mirror.

13. How do I unlock the robot and what is its name?

14. cool

15. How do you get to mission seven.

16. How many characters can you unlock total. I need to know, because my buddy is wondering how many too. p.s. can you really unlock bowser jr?p.s.s. are there secret racing tracks? If so, please tell me how I can get to them. Thank you!!!!!!

17. king boo lover // May 28, 2009 at 2:27 pm // Reply

I got King Boo and Funky Kong on Mario Kart Wii!!!!

18. It is tons of fun

19. The I am cool // May 27, 2009 at 9:21 pm // Reply

What happened to R.O.B.(Robotic Operations Buddy). He`s in Mario Kart too ya know.

20. On Bowsers Castle for DS there’s a cheat track at the wheel that spins.Just keep going around the wheel.

21. heatran11 // May 27, 2009 at 4:09 pm // Reply

hey guys mario3222 is right you can’t get bowser jr. my friend beat it and he doesn’t have bowser jr.

22. heatran11 // May 27, 2009 at 4:06 pm // Reply

sorry to rain on your papade drybonesrocks95 but i have both. plus i have diidy kong and baby luigi.

23. I am relly good at the hole game! If you are stuck try try agion.

24. I really like battle with ballon battle.

25. How do you unlock Boo? Other than that I beat the whole game! Oh,and another thing,one day I was doing normal things and my sister asked what she had done,so Iooked at the DS,IT SAID THE WHOLE FILE HAD BEEN DELETED!!!

26. Mario Kart DS is a really hard game but it makes me more eager to play it.

27. there is a secret mission you get to race wiggler a big catapiller.but you have to get stars on every mission.

28. drybonesrocks95 // May 26, 2009 at 3:34 pm // Reply

I think MarioKart on Wii is one of the awesomest games EVER!!!!!!!!! Though I still think that Bowser jr, Bowser’s skeleton, Baby Luigi, and Diddy Kong are almost impossible to unlock.Oh, and two of the hardest bikes to get is the Quacker and the Bubble Jet. If you do get one of those 2 you are SO lucky!! Keep on rockin’ MarioKart (on Wii)!!!

29. I beat all the cc’s and mission sets 1-6

30. is this a good game

31. mr.twister // May 5, 2009 at 7:10 am // Reply

to get shy guy you have to only do ds download and not be the host

32. To chagman: to get R.O.B, you have to complete 150 cc class.

33. I just got diddy kong on mario kart wii.

34. how to beat 150cc on retro

35. This is The best mario kart on my top 5 mario karts:

5:Mario kart 64 4:Mario kart double dash 3:Super mario kart 2:Mario kart wii 1:Mario kart DS

36. how do u get robby robot?????

37. mariomaster // April 21, 2009 at 4:00 pm // Reply

on mariokart wii i have unlocked browser jr.and to unlock him on mariokart ds,you have to beat rob is a race

38. jucie box kid // April 15, 2009 at 6:58 pm // Reply

is there sutch thing as rainbow bridge?

39. staffmasterWaluigi // April 13, 2009 at 8:56 am // Reply

to get mission seven get 1 * or more on every mission mario3222

40. daisylover48734 // April 11, 2009 at 7:17 pm // Reply

you cant get bowser jr.the only characters you can get are , mario, luigi. peach, daisy,waliugi,bowser wario dk and if you’re REALLY REALLY good you can get shy guy but I dont understand how to get him. have fun playing

41. yoshilover224 // April 11, 2009 at 7:11 pm // Reply

we got mariokart when we saved enough money to buy it. Since we had adventure we werent use to pressing a instead of y. Waliugi is a hard character to get . So hard we won daisy and dry bones before him. If you want a fast character use yoshi in his cucumber or egg .My favorite characters are daisy and yoshi. (word of advice ) bowsers cars may say there fast but because his weight it makes a pretty slow charater. It would figure for a guy who stands over8 feet tall.

42. Tinkerbell // April 8, 2009 at 5:22 pm // Reply

I looked online and to get wi-fi I needed this game to go on the internet.I really need some info because only dsis can go on the internet.Ohh yah also if you want a dsi and you can’t afford it then you can go to game stop and trade in a WORKING ds and you will get 1 for free.1 of my friends told me that.If you can help than Thank you.

43. mario 3222 // April 8, 2009 at 7:48 am // Reply

how do you get mission seven staffmasterWaluigi

44. to get a star above your name in wifi get star or more on every grand prix in every class

45. StaffmasterWaluigi // April 7, 2009 at 8:42 am // Reply

I have a star above my name in wifi!

46. mario 3222 // April 6, 2009 at 5:18 pm // Reply

the best karts are bowser in standard mario, dry bones in standard dry bones, waluigi in zipper, dk in bdasher, or peach in lite tripper

47. mario 3222 // April 6, 2009 at 5:12 pm // Reply

hey $$$ i got 36

48. mario 3222 // April 6, 2009 at 4:09 pm // Reply

hey mario just get gold in all the races in 100cc :)

49. mario 3222 // April 6, 2009 at 4:07 pm // Reply

hey people you can’t unlock bowser jr.

50. StaffmasterWaluigi // April 6, 2009 at 8:46 am // Reply

I have all characters, all missions including set seven, all staff times, and almost a game ranking!! Oh, an how do you get bowser jr?? I WANT TO KNOW!!! Please?

1 4 5 6 7 8 9