MarioKart DS

How do you unlock characters? Thanks for your help!

unlock Waluigi. You unlock Dry Bones by winning the Nitro Grand Prix in 50cc.

Do you have any tips for this game?

Games Guru: Did you see the movie “Cars?” Remember when Doc was trying to teach Lightning McQueen how to drift around corners? Well, that lesson is ultra-valuable in MarioKart. If you hold the Right shoulder button down as you make turns, your car will go into a speed-saving slide around the turn.This is the key to fast, fast race times.

How do you unlock characters? Thanks for your help!

Games Guru: You unlock characters by winning the gold in different tournaments with different engine classes. You unlock Princess Daisy, for instance, by winning the Retro Cup with a 50cc. Win it with the 100cc kart, and you unlock Waluigi. You unlock Dry Bones by winning the Nitro Grand Prix in 50cc.

505 Comments on MarioKart DS

1. I love Japan // May 24, 2011 at 4:22 pm // Reply

baby park best lap is 0:10:332! NO ONE CAN BEAT THAT!!

2. I love Japan // May 24, 2011 at 4:20 pm // Reply

my best lap for rainbow road is 0:48:417! Top THAT!!!

3. MOONMAN200 // May 10, 2011 at 5:59 pm // Reply

I HAVE ALL THE CHARACTERS ACCEPT FOR WALUIGI!!!!!!!

4. Dazed Mich // March 22, 2011 at 8:52 am // Reply

just to let you all know, action replay is not legal, neither is gameshark, but I bet that you can play as Shy Guy on m kart.

5. Dazed Mich // March 22, 2011 at 8:50 am // Reply

Even beat desert hills by 9 secs.

6. IVE never unlocked anyone

7. who has mission 7 besides me?

8. HEY!Just a shoutout,once you get all the caracters,
    the top screen shows them.

9. super gamer // March 5, 2011 at 1:07 am // Reply

help help HELP! I can’t get robo(r.o.b.)

• I unlocked r.o.b. one day later I got mirror mode but to get robo its easy you have to first beat 50cc and 100cc and 150ccand try to defeat mirror mode all of it at a high rank

10. and at the beginning, I like to hold A down while u can see 3 and 1 (let go of A on 2 and press & hold on 3)

11. U can get a speed boost when lakitu drops u and u press A as soon as u touch the ground

12. Dry bones dry bomber is boss!!!

13. master racer // December 29, 2010 at 1:57 pm // Reply

I beat the whole game, and I can use all the characters including R.O.B.

14. Waluigi Pinball is epic!

Btw, R.O.B stands for robotically operated buddy.

• The Noob Rapter // February 24, 2011 at 9:40 pm // Reply

What coler is he. Is he wight and red like from brawl (aka japanes verson) or grey (aka the americam verson)

• reversed // April 6, 2011 at 6:16 pm //

I agree, waluigi pinball is awesome. Waluigi talks funny. If you select him as your player, he says “I’m-a gonna win! Let’s go already.”

15. can you really get a tank for dry bones?!?!?!?!?!?!

16. on desert hills u can cut thru the mountains while u sing the boost

17. I can beat every engine class with R.O.B. in 20 minutes

18. If you complete all four classes and come in first in every race with Mario, then you can unlock Baby Mario!

19. i beet the game in ten minutes

20. How do u get R.O.B.?

• You can get R.O.B. by beating the Nitro Grand Prix in the hidden Mirror Mode. To unlock Mirror Mode if you haven’t already, beat the first three Engine Classes (50cc, 100cc, and 150cc).

21. how do you get a speed boost at the begining of a race? (i know it involves a)

22. i liked that game so i beat the game

23. What about R.O.B?

24. if u have Single Card Download Play u can play as shyguy by 1. turn cheats on 2.select cheats u want 3. to play as shyguy u press select while loading lvl

25. i beat everything if u have Single Card Download Play u can play as shy guy

26. redhead736 // July 8, 2010 at 7:51 am // Reply

my neighbor has that game

27. best game ever! i must win!

28. randomperson10 // June 13, 2010 at 2:41 pm // Reply

hey mario kartbeast,i tried that and it no work

29. Mistery Man // June 9, 2010 at 12:08 am // Reply

I am wondering if you can unlock more people,i have just gotten Waluigi.

• nintendoman // June 20, 2010 at 8:40 pm // Reply

hey mystery man get the mushroom cup on 150cc to get dry bones

• I unlocked them exept ROB I know do you?

• ABlueEyedBeast // June 27, 2010 at 9:59 pm // Reply

If you beat 50cc, 100cc, and 150cc, then you should unlock Mirror Mode, which is basically 150cc, but the turns are reversed; for example, if you normally make a right, in Mirror Mode, you will make a left. Once you beat Mirror Mode, then you should have all of the characters with an added bonus: THE CHARACTERS CAN USE ALL OF THE CARS!!!

30. boysrule58 // May 8, 2010 at 5:16 pm // Reply

How do you unlock R.O.B, and can you get him on MK Wii?

31. cbvfbdcbvb // March 20, 2010 at 8:15 am // Reply

BABY MARIO RULES!

how do u get all chracters,and all cups, and a star ranking?

32. mariokartds // March 10, 2010 at 2:37 pm // Reply

I wish there was more characters like bowser jr.or kamek

33. boysrule58 // March 7, 2010 at 1:10 pm // Reply

this is hard

34. my fav cheat is on DK MONTAN. if u want 2 no ask.

35. Useful tip from ME!: Peach is super gullible in Grand Prix. She’ll run into almost all of the fake item boxes. Bye!

36. KOOPA TROOPA MASTER // January 20, 2010 at 5:16 pm // Reply

cool game, but harder than MK wii

37. can a person gain a rating of pro in mario kart?

38. tops karts for mario kart: karts best for secret pasageway: Yoshi’s Cucumber DryBones Big kart, Best for speed: Yoshis egg kart Toad’s mushroom drys bones tank :Best combonation for ultimit concure Rob in Yoshis Reg kart

39. ok pikachu what are ccs

40. I just use an action replay to get stuff like rob
    for normal mode.

41. To get rob u have to beat all cups on mirror mode

42. This is my nikname is right, I beat the game and 20 expert staff ghost along and still counting:-) including one over 10 secconds!!!

43. rinos are awesome // January 3, 2010 at 5:19 pm // Reply

all I am missing is rob

44. Games guru,

my friend has a character on mario kart and its a robot named R.O.B., how do you unlock him?

• white shark // January 6, 2010 at 8:01 pm // Reply

to get it you beat the last boss on challenges

• If you do a track with mud of whatever on it, big a smaller dude like toad or yoshi. bowser and other big characters go slower in mud. for instance, dont do luigis mansion with like dk or bowser.

TOAD RULES!!!!!

45. this game was okay but most games are better

46. i ALMOST beat it

47. i need help

48. mariofanatic64 // December 25, 2009 at 10:42 pm // Reply

to anyone arguing about characters, read this.
    -King Boo isn’t playable, he’s a mission boss.
    -Kamek was never in the game.
    -R.O.B. was the last unlockable character.
    -You can play as Shy Guy via Single Card Download Play.
    I should know, I have completed the game 100%

49. I BEAT ALL.

50. Pikachu Lover 12 // December 14, 2009 at 4:54 pm // Reply

I am the master of this game. I will answer your questions.

1 6 7 8 9