MarioKart DS

How do you unlock characters? Thanks for your help!

unlock Waluigi. You unlock Dry Bones by winning the Nitro Grand Prix in 50cc.

Do you have any tips for this game?

Games Guru: Did you see the movie “Cars?” Remember when Doc was trying to teach Lightning McQueen how to drift around corners? Well, that lesson is ultra-valuable in MarioKart. If you hold the Right shoulder button down as you make turns, your car will go into a speed-saving slide around the turn.This is the key to fast, fast race times.

How do you unlock characters? Thanks for your help!

Games Guru: You unlock characters by winning the gold in different tournaments with different engine classes. You unlock Princess Daisy, for instance, by winning the Retro Cup with a 50cc. Win it with the 100cc kart, and you unlock Waluigi. You unlock Dry Bones by winning the Nitro Grand Prix in 50cc.

29 Comments on MarioKart DS

1. You can’t unlock Shy Guy, but you can play as him. If you are doing Multiplayer and someone that wants to play doesn’t have the game, they can join with you. When they play, their person is automaticly Shy Guy.

2. i have beatn the whole game for 1 player on mariokart DS

3. CHEAT:in bowser castle keep on going to the end of the spinning wheel(not bridge)a secret passage awaits u

4. To FireMario:become first in all 4 races

5. blueman the second // January 27, 2009 at 8:07 pm // Reply

To any1: on tme tryals if u get a certan tme you race da peopl hoo made the game. ive beaten all of them except 2. and no, im not lying.

6. how do you unlock shy guy in mario kart ds

• Dazed Mich // March 22, 2011 at 9:05 am // Reply

Buy DS action replay for $20, but it isn’t legal, so be aware of that. Or, if you play multiplayer through ds download, and someone else has the cartridge, then you automatically play as shy guy, but then you don’t get to race in every track, either.

7. I dont have the retro cup how do I get Walugi. I have a DS Lite.Got any tips,Guru.

8. Mario cart is fun but you only have to get a trophy to un-lock people tracks ect.

9. it is the best game ever

10. R.O.B is awesome in super smash Bros. and MariokartDS

11. to Super Sonic,

for the drifting techinque i use dry bones in the banisher.

12. cool game

13. Wi-Fi anyone?

14. eagleorbust // January 8, 2009 at 1:28 am // Reply

I love mario kart wii and all its tracks but i like mario kart ds on wifi betta😉

15. I cant beat 100cc on specil cup!if any of u have hints please tell me!!!!!!!!!!!

• Dazed Mich // March 22, 2011 at 9:02 am // Reply

In bowser castle, there’s a part that has this line of fire, right? Well, if you go around it, then you immediately get to the loop where you go up to where the bridge is. In peach gardens, if you get a mushroom, then use it to go across flowers. Those are my hints, and drive fast!

16. Super Sonic // January 7, 2009 at 2:29 am // Reply

to eagleorbust , which character and kart do you use, i use bowser in the brute🙂

17. Did You Unlock Baby Bowser Yet? Huh? Because I Did!

18. how do u get mirror mode and rob

19. eagleorbust // January 3, 2009 at 4:55 pm // Reply

when your drifting hit the left and right buttons on the control pad until the sparks are orange then release and then you get a mini-boost🙂

20. Whoever says they beat the game & dosen’t have waluigi has NOT beat the game!

21. Mariokart wii has a lot of tracks for ds and even some from other game consoles.

22. I have evry1 except R.O.B because my bro deleted my game

23. Oh, yeah, I beat the game in 2 days!!

24. I beat this game in about 5 days!

25. Jigglypuff Dude // December 26, 2008 at 12:58 pm // Reply

I FINALLY got Special Cup on 150 CC Mirror! Whoo-Hoo!