New Super Mario Bros.

How do you unlock the cannon on World 1?

Games Guru: Great game! So, head over to the tower. Make sure to have the Blue Shell with you. Head into the first pipe that’ll shoot you up. When you start falling back, go in the gold door. Don’t be discouraged by the many moving platforms. See the one on the right near a gap that always stays the same size? Walk into it and notice three blocks. The Blue Shell will break them all. Keep breaking! Move right and finish the level to unlock your fancy Warp Cannon. It’ll take you to World 5!

Are there any other unlockable characters besides Luigi? On the touchscreen in my instruction booklet, it shows the worlds but on the actual touchscreen the worlds look different. Why is this?

Games Guru: Unfortunately, Luigi is the only unlockable character in the game. Regarding the difference between the booklet and the actual touchscreen worlds, sometimes the people who make the booklet get an earlier version of the game design document. They should have gotten one that looks like the real thing. But sometimes when deadlines are tight, some things fall through the cracks.

Are there any cheats or hidden characters?

Games Guru: I have not tried this myself, but as I understand it, if you press and hold the L and R shoulder buttons down and choose one of your saved game files on the select file screen, you can play as Luigi.

10 Comments on New Super Mario Bros.

1. Need for cheats // May 22, 2008 at 6:25 pm // Reply

Everyone who wants to know what superdude’s cheat for the pause menu, listen up!

The cheat makes you go into secret challenge mode. Thats all I have to say. Bye for now!

p.s.: In my next comment, you will know me as JAM.

2. Anonymous // May 22, 2008 at 6:20 pm // Reply

To superdude,

Does the cheat that you do on the pause menu 100% true? I have not tried this, but probably when I get a reply

signed, Need for cheats

3. Need for cheats // May 22, 2008 at 6:18 pm // Reply

I would rate this five stars cause Mega mushrooms make beating bosses easy. Hope this encourages new people to buy the game.

4. Need for cheats // May 22, 2008 at 6:15 pm // Reply

The secret is when you beat the first castle, a bridge will form leading to the next part of the world. 100% true cause I found it.

5. Need for cheats // May 22, 2008 at 6:12 pm // Reply

When I got to W3, I went off to world 5. I was not even mini mario beating bowser jr.! I also went to world 6 and to world 8.

6. BlueRocks // May 5, 2008 at 7:52 am // Reply

do they make this for the Wii?

7. superdude // May 2, 2008 at 5:48 pm // Reply

to NeedForCheats and all who like cheats, i just discovered this cheat for stage 1-5. ( the stage in world 1 were u jump on trampaline like mushrooms ) When u get to the kopa near the begining of the stage, jump on him. then through him. run after it by jumpin from trampaline to trampaline while holding the Dash button. if u do this corectly, keep up with the kopa, and throgh him in the right derection ( and i mean right ;) ) u should get a 1-up.

8. superdude // May 1, 2008 at 4:37 pm // Reply

to needforcheats, here’s one but i think it will only work if u have compleated the game. after u selected your save file and end up at the map screen, open the pause menu and press the folowing code with the butons on your DS that have the leater on it, LRLRXXYY what does it do? thats a surprise!

ps: if it dosent work u might have to win the game….. duh……

9. Need for cheats // April 27, 2008 at 5:10 pm // Reply

I have been thinking about buying this game. I believe all of you that says the game is cool.

10. Need for cheats // April 27, 2008 at 5:08 pm // Reply

Does anyone know good codes? Please be honest people. I have a freiend who owns the game and I would like to give him some codes and cheats. Oh, and the people who gave codes and cheats, thanks!

1 11 12 13 14 15 44