New Super Mario Bros.

How do you unlock the cannon on World 1?

Games Guru: Great game! So, head over to the tower. Make sure to have the Blue Shell with you. Head into the first pipe that’ll shoot you up. When you start falling back, go in the gold door. Don’t be discouraged by the many moving platforms. See the one on the right near a gap that always stays the same size? Walk into it and notice three blocks. The Blue Shell will break them all. Keep breaking! Move right and finish the level to unlock your fancy Warp Cannon. It’ll take you to World 5!

Are there any other unlockable characters besides Luigi? On the touchscreen in my instruction booklet, it shows the worlds but on the actual touchscreen the worlds look different. Why is this?

Games Guru: Unfortunately, Luigi is the only unlockable character in the game. Regarding the difference between the booklet and the actual touchscreen worlds, sometimes the people who make the booklet get an earlier version of the game design document. They should have gotten one that looks like the real thing. But sometimes when deadlines are tight, some things fall through the cracks.

Are there any cheats or hidden characters?

Games Guru: I have not tried this myself, but as I understand it, if you press and hold the L and R shoulder buttons down and choose one of your saved game files on the select file screen, you can play as Luigi.

35 Comments on New Super Mario Bros.

1. To fire luigi: I disagree, beacause I beat Monty Mole’s tank with Fire Mario

2. hey,Boo in the house!I also go by mace in the lego Sar wars 1&2.
    have you tried that mushroom with the propeller on top, its so cool!
    Hey if you need any help in the lego starwars area im your guy.
    If any off you know how to pass the first level of the ice area in
    New super mario bros let know.

3. Dinoboy2353324 // November 15, 2009 at 10:48 am // Reply

I dont get what your saying with the PRESS START AND ABYX

4. the only way to beat the tank thing in w6/castle is to be giant mario or luigi

5. Dear kool aid dude,
    How do you get mini? (I know theres a mushroom for it, but I dont know how to get it.)
    Please write back

• like, i can tell you how.
      go to the 5th level in the 1st world, and eventually you’ll get 2 the item box.

6. I know the secret ending! After you beat Bowser and Bowser jr. Peach falls with her dress as a parachute and kisses Mario. Then credits and bests of Mario. Then Bowser gets hauled away dead by Bowser jr.

7. I have an Action Replay DS but it doesn’t work anymore. Also there is no such thing as Action Replay DSi… …yet. I think the secret ending is when you beat Bowser with a Mega Mushroom, and then beat Bowser Jr. If you do that the final boss music will be still playing.

8. kool aid dude // October 10, 2009 at 8:02 pm // Reply

To defeat final W8 castle halfway point, you need to go on the bottom floor, the middle floor, and the top floor.

9. kool aid dude // October 10, 2009 at 7:59 pm // Reply

Tip: For W 7 and 4, you need to beat W2 and W5 castles with a mini.

10. i want to see all of the wolds on mario

11. hey mr green u have action replay??? dsi action replay???

12. if u have this game or super mario 64 ds an action replay helps A LOT
    permanent starman(this game)and unlock all doors(mario 64)are my favorite

13. i’m so excited about mario and luigi 3

14. Hello, this Mr. Green’s answering machine. Please leave a question for New Super Mario Bros. after the beep. Mr. Green will answer them when he has the time.

(BEEP)

15. Silver Spiker // August 9, 2009 at 7:23 am // Reply

Bowser 3000 I forgot the secret ending….
    Also I am Jigglypuff Dude.
    (Ever played Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time or Darkness? Then you’ll see why)
    PS I havn’t played this game in a long time.

16. MarioRocks // July 23, 2009 at 3:18 pm // Reply

It Is Impossible The Color Of Fire In Super Mario 64 Ds.
    Sorryūüė¶

17. To Super Mario:

Sounds like one of the weirder games. Oh, by the way, there is a rumor about a new Luigi’s Mansion game. Basically, one of my idiot Boos was trying to capture Luigi, but instead sent the mansion into space(his name was changed to Booronic, which represents moronic). At least, that’s MY side of the story.

18. Hey Boy’s Life, I figured out a way to get passed the flag in World 6 – B. You can only do this if you have an action replay. Just enter the cannon on the left, next press and hold A button until the screen stops scrolling, and then you will fall on top of the castle. And that’s it, see ya next time on Boy’s Life.com.!

19. Bowser 3000 // July 17, 2009 at 6:09 pm // Reply

Jigglypuff Dude whit IS the scecret ending?

20. pokefreak6464 // July 16, 2009 at 8:46 pm // Reply

this game was way too easy. i beat in 4 days, and still haven’t beat any of the other mario games (witch i play way more often).

21. the master // July 12, 2009 at 5:58 pm // Reply

to get to world 4 u be super mini mario and destroy world 2 boss

22. Lt Billson // June 29, 2009 at 12:54 pm // Reply

New Super Mario Bros. is off the Hook!!!!

23. master1237 // June 26, 2009 at 11:07 am // Reply

wear is super wario bros

24. super mario // June 25, 2009 at 2:56 pm // Reply

there is a new mario game coming out: MARIO AND LUIGI: BOWSER”S INSIDE STORY! It’s when Bowser accidentaly eats a mushroom that makes him inhale everthing, including Mario and Luigi! the game let’s you play as Mario, Luigi and Bowser! you play as Mario and Luigi trying to escape Bowser’s body and as Bowser himself trying to defeat his arch villans. Coming out for the Holidays!

25. Classic Gamer // June 24, 2009 at 11:20 pm // Reply

Welp, just wondering if anyone had an AR code to be fire mario in Super Mario 64 DS, gotta go, DSI battery is runnin low. PEACE OUT!

1 11 12 13 14 15 18