New Super Mario Bros.

How do you unlock the cannon on World 1?

Games Guru: Great game! So, head over to the tower. Make sure to have the Blue Shell with you. Head into the first pipe that’ll shoot you up. When you start falling back, go in the gold door. Don’t be discouraged by the many moving platforms. See the one on the right near a gap that always stays the same size? Walk into it and notice three blocks. The Blue Shell will break them all. Keep breaking! Move right and finish the level to unlock your fancy Warp Cannon. It’ll take you to World 5!

Are there any other unlockable characters besides Luigi? On the touchscreen in my instruction booklet, it shows the worlds but on the actual touchscreen the worlds look different. Why is this?

Games Guru: Unfortunately, Luigi is the only unlockable character in the game. Regarding the difference between the booklet and the actual touchscreen worlds, sometimes the people who make the booklet get an earlier version of the game design document. They should have gotten one that looks like the real thing. But sometimes when deadlines are tight, some things fall through the cracks.

Are there any cheats or hidden characters?

Games Guru: I have not tried this myself, but as I understand it, if you press and hold the L and R shoulder buttons down and choose one of your saved game files on the select file screen, you can play as Luigi.

72 Comments on New Super Mario Bros.

1. I know how to get world 5-A,5-B,and 5-C.

2. Marioluigi790 // October 18, 2010 at 6:29 am // Reply

My friend says that there is a secret way from the boo house on w5,Is this true?

3. Marioluigi790 // October 18, 2010 at 6:19 am // Reply

How do you get world 3-C on ds?

4. dis game roks!

5. Awesomedude // August 29, 2010 at 2:48 pm // Reply

i have beat the game 8 times already

6. Two of my favorite levels is 1-1( The 1 up lvl ) And 1-4 ( The Mini up lvl.)I Beat game!

7. stuck on world 6

• i know how to beet wolrd 6. If u r stuk on the catsle when u get to the end run all the way to bowser jr. then beat the mole in the tank (ground pound the mole 3 times when he comes out of the tank and sits in the top seat.)the u go to world 8!

8. i beat the games

9. I once played this game on a boy’s nintendo DS.and now my sister wants to get this game

10. this game is so fun i beat it in a night

11. PwnerofAll // July 4, 2010 at 1:34 pm // Reply

pause on map and press in L R L R X X Y Y

• if u do dat u get the secret challenge mode!

• Pedro and Ordep of the galaxy // July 27, 2011 at 11:41 pm //

Does secret challenge mode unlock anything because I completed every single level in the whole game as mario and then again as luigi in secret challenge mode, but I didn’t unlock anything!(P.S. It would help me out a lot if you’d tell me what am I supposed to do in secret challenge mode in each level!)

12. awsome man // June 25, 2010 at 8:28 pm // Reply

I beat the whole game!

13. supermarioman // June 14, 2010 at 7:35 pm // Reply

im stuck on w8

• if ur stuk on w8 mega castle when u get to the end u must have bigge mushroom then use it to stomp bowser.then peach floats down then she kisses mario then the credits start! after the credits bowser jr. drags away dead bowser.the end then u must sav ur progress.happy gaming!

14. Hi I might get this for my birthday!

15. wd 8

16. action replay has awesome cheats that nobody even said yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. how do you turn into luigi?

18. littlewill // April 23, 2010 at 6:36 pm // Reply

if u get every star coin from EVERY level u can unlock princess peach

19. Is there really a world 9? I’ve heard that there is, and it’s a mixture of all the worlds…

20. In world 2 in the third level there is a switch that makes the water level go up. There is an opening at the top of the area. Swim up there and you’ll see a switch. If you hurry, the water will rise higher. Then you can swim through a tunnel in that area at the top. That tunnel will take you to a red flag.

21. Marioluigi 790 // February 23, 2010 at 5:53 pm // Reply

How do you get world 4 and world 7 in the game?

22. i have cheat book ask me for cheats

23. Are there any cheats reply: at the map pause and click l,r,l,r,x,x,y,y

24. Can u turn into wario or yoshi

25. Okay,I have done just about every thing I can think of but I have not seen a secret “Wario Bros.” ending! Please somebody tell me what I have to do!