New Super Mario Bros.

How do you unlock the cannon on World 1?

Games Guru: Great game! So, head over to the tower. Make sure to have the Blue Shell with you. Head into the first pipe that’ll shoot you up. When you start falling back, go in the gold door. Don’t be discouraged by the many moving platforms. See the one on the right near a gap that always stays the same size? Walk into it and notice three blocks. The Blue Shell will break them all. Keep breaking! Move right and finish the level to unlock your fancy Warp Cannon. It’ll take you to World 5!

Are there any other unlockable characters besides Luigi? On the touchscreen in my instruction booklet, it shows the worlds but on the actual touchscreen the worlds look different. Why is this?

Games Guru: Unfortunately, Luigi is the only unlockable character in the game. Regarding the difference between the booklet and the actual touchscreen worlds, sometimes the people who make the booklet get an earlier version of the game design document. They should have gotten one that looks like the real thing. But sometimes when deadlines are tight, some things fall through the cracks.

Are there any cheats or hidden characters?

Games Guru: I have not tried this myself, but as I understand it, if you press and hold the L and R shoulder buttons down and choose one of your saved game files on the select file screen, you can play as Luigi.

25 Comments on New Super Mario Bros.

1. how do you get past the final castle in World 8?To me it seems like a big circle.

2. Bowser’s my favorite.

3. Waluigi time! // June 19, 2008 at 11:08 pm // Reply

Does the game have Waluigi or Wario in it? it would be sweet if it did!

4. which door do you go through after you turn the room right side ?

5. PLEASE TELL THE TRUTH ON THIS GAME

6. I need help to get past the last castle on world 8 HELP!

7. Is there a cheat to get passed on world 7. To beat the frist level on world 8 the big mushroom to beat the cannon

8. bowser

9. Ultimatepokemonmaster // June 11, 2008 at 12:34 pm // Reply

To Little Bear: I dunno why the koopas are so happy. To Shalino, what part are you stuck on? To Marsman148, actually the best mario games are Yoshi’s Island DS and Mario&Luigi Superstar Saga. To Sport, where are you in world 6? To Yo yo, there are 3 star coins, so I dunno. To Nick, I dunno.

10. JAM's brother! // June 10, 2008 at 6:12 pm // Reply

Can anyone please tell me a cheat for how to beat the first castle on world 5!!!!!!

P.S. If you tell me that you would like a cheat make your name 123 J.M.

11. I can’t get past even the first level on world 8! Can anyone tell me some cheats to get pass some levels on world 8?!

Thanks,

Leg

12. to jam: 1: remember to hold the dash button while following the shell after throwing it

2: also to throw, hold the dash button while aproching the shell and let go to throw

sinded

superdude

ps: now about my question on the finale green castle in W8

13. To supperdude,

When I used your cheat for W1-5, the kopa always opens. Any tips?

14. To supperdude,

I will try to test your question.

Signed,

JAM

15. any one know what happens if u win the finale castle (the big green one in world eight) as mini mario? sinded

superdude

16. Anonymous // May 31, 2008 at 5:15 pm // Reply

I found a cheat for world 5-2. To get there, you must hop into the pipe where there are the enemies with the spike on the shell. What happens, that’s for you to find out! 100% works!

17. bsaPR1996 // May 24, 2008 at 5:13 pm // Reply

To JAM:

That cheat is 100%, absolutely, and without a doubt a true cheat. I use it all the time, though I NEVER use MARIO.

18. bsaPR1996 // May 24, 2008 at 5:08 pm // Reply

To any NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. fan:

If you ever want to reach those WORLD 4 you have to win against the BOSS in the last Castle in WORLD 2. Tha same goes for WOLRD 7, you have to win against the BOSS in the last Castle in WORLD 5. And to resume the rest of WORLDS 4 & 7 you can win against the BOSS in the last Castle in both Worlds or move to other Worlds, complete the file game, and after that you can save your file at any point in the game. That’s right: you after you complete the game YOU can save the your file at any point. I hope I don’t steal the GAMES GURU’s jobs. I’m sorry for that guys!!!

19. Hey WINNER,

Is your cheat 100% true? Please reply. It’s urgent!

20. To sport,

I think I have a secret. When you beat the castle, you might end up in world 8. It happened to me, and I hope it works for you. Bye.

21. Need for cheats // May 22, 2008 at 6:25 pm // Reply

Everyone who wants to know what superdude’s cheat for the pause menu, listen up!

The cheat makes you go into secret challenge mode. Thats all I have to say. Bye for now!

p.s.: In my next comment, you will know me as JAM.

22. Anonymous // May 22, 2008 at 6:20 pm // Reply

To superdude,

Does the cheat that you do on the pause menu 100% true? I have not tried this, but probably when I get a reply

signed, Need for cheats

23. Need for cheats // May 22, 2008 at 6:18 pm // Reply

I would rate this five stars cause Mega mushrooms make beating bosses easy. Hope this encourages new people to buy the game.

24. Need for cheats // May 22, 2008 at 6:15 pm // Reply

SECRET FOR W8

The secret is when you beat the first castle, a bridge will form leading to the next part of the world. 100% true cause I found it.

25. Need for cheats // May 22, 2008 at 6:12 pm // Reply

When I got to W3, I went off to world 5. I was not even mini mario beating bowser jr.! I also went to world 6 and to world 8.