New Super Mario Bros.

How do you unlock the cannon on World 1?

Games Guru: Great game! So, head over to the tower. Make sure to have the Blue Shell with you. Head into the first pipe that’ll shoot you up. When you start falling back, go in the gold door. Don’t be discouraged by the many moving platforms. See the one on the right near a gap that always stays the same size? Walk into it and notice three blocks. The Blue Shell will break them all. Keep breaking! Move right and finish the level to unlock your fancy Warp Cannon. It’ll take you to World 5!

Are there any other unlockable characters besides Luigi? On the touchscreen in my instruction booklet, it shows the worlds but on the actual touchscreen the worlds look different. Why is this?

Games Guru: Unfortunately, Luigi is the only unlockable character in the game. Regarding the difference between the booklet and the actual touchscreen worlds, sometimes the people who make the booklet get an earlier version of the game design document. They should have gotten one that looks like the real thing. But sometimes when deadlines are tight, some things fall through the cracks.

Are there any cheats or hidden characters?

Games Guru: I have not tried this myself, but as I understand it, if you press and hold the L and R shoulder buttons down and choose one of your saved game files on the select file screen, you can play as Luigi.

28 Comments on New Super Mario Bros.

1. Jigglypuff Dude // November 30, 2008 at 7:47 am // Reply

To Superdude,
    After you beat the fortress on world 8(the giant castle),the end credits roll.If you did a certain trick, you will see a secret ending with a preview of the new game Super Wario Bros. coming out in 2011.

2. Jigglypuff Dude // November 28, 2008 at 9:15 am // Reply

Punk 15, is your code true?

3. How do you beat wiggiler?!?! you know, the ones in levels. P.S. don’t use a mega mushroom if you’re in a level that has
    A: blocks that break,
    B: places that you need to jump a lot.
    there! did you know that you can start a file with Luigi? I tried it once and it worked! Lucky me!

4. how do you defeat the fish guy at the end of world 3

5. I tried it, (Holding L and R) it’s cool.

6. Hey. I’m back and I also found out that you can get a mega mushroom in world 1 with the bridge that is next to the first place. I love this new game and I can’t wait to play it again.

7. I beat this game in a day and I got all of the coins. Also I found out that in World 1-1 there is a star that can make you invincible.

8. Elekid & Shaymin & Ditto // November 2, 2008 at 3:19 pm // Reply

Is Secret Challenge mode any different than the other mode(s)?

9. my friend got all the starsūüėõ

10. Silver Spiker // October 26, 2008 at 7:58 am // Reply

DragonFeind2000,

My favorite Mario(s) are Super Mario, Mini Mario & Mega Mario.

11. Dragonfeind2000 // October 22, 2008 at 6:27 am // Reply

I com pleted it in like a week!

and whos your favoruat mario?mines mega mario

12. I have 2 star coins left to collect.:)(:

13. mario4583723894 // October 10, 2008 at 7:43 pm // Reply

if you want to get to world 7 go to the last castle on world5 but before you do that get a mini mushroom in storage then when you have a ragular mushroom go in the big doors. ground pound the parani plant and on the 3 ground pound use your mini mushroom and ground pound him.

14. when you difet the game get all the all the stars then you can get the new backround.

15. what is the forth box in this game?

16. LOL I beat the game at least 15 times.

17. I for one beat the entire game and have over 140 stars and I even got to change my wallpaper. Beating Giga Bowser was cool.This game is great

18. You can get to world 5 via the cannon on world 2

19. to get to wrold 4 from wrold 2 beet the boss when your min mario.

20. Hey CHRISKF.

I beat the sand worm and the plant-thingy, and have gotten access to worlds 4 and 7.

And by the way, that “plant-thingy” is a flying pirahna flower. World 4 is a forest, as you might know, but you might not know that World 7 is on a cloud.

21. I beat Bowser Jr. & Giga Bowser with a Mega Mush. so I reccomend beating those two with it! If you do that, it’ll be easy!!!!!!!!!

22. I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!But I also understand that if you want to go to World 4-7,be mini mario (or mini luigi)on Wld 2(Which is right before Wld 3-4)and Wld 5(Which is right before Wld 6-7)and do a jump and bounce off the wall,then do a ground pound.That sandworm in Wld 2 is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO easy to beat with mini m-l.But that plant-thingy(whatEVER it is) in Wld 5 is hard to beat.

23. peoplez dis is so eazys i beatz itz zo ezay

24. 45645633354 // August 28, 2008 at 4:33 pm // Reply

THIS IS SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. I almost got to that cool green castle! It looks hard. i was on World 8-7 when something came straight at me! It was a green flying turtle,as usual. If you want a lot of worlds, enter your name as 456123tr.