New Super Mario Bros.

How do you unlock the cannon on World 1?

Games Guru: Great game! So, head over to the tower. Make sure to have the Blue Shell with you. Head into the first pipe that’ll shoot you up. When you start falling back, go in the gold door. Don’t be discouraged by the many moving platforms. See the one on the right near a gap that always stays the same size? Walk into it and notice three blocks. The Blue Shell will break them all. Keep breaking! Move right and finish the level to unlock your fancy Warp Cannon. It’ll take you to World 5!

Are there any other unlockable characters besides Luigi? On the touchscreen in my instruction booklet, it shows the worlds but on the actual touchscreen the worlds look different. Why is this?

Games Guru: Unfortunately, Luigi is the only unlockable character in the game. Regarding the difference between the booklet and the actual touchscreen worlds, sometimes the people who make the booklet get an earlier version of the game design document. They should have gotten one that looks like the real thing. But sometimes when deadlines are tight, some things fall through the cracks.

Are there any cheats or hidden characters?

Games Guru: I have not tried this myself, but as I understand it, if you press and hold the L and R shoulder buttons down and choose one of your saved game files on the select file screen, you can play as Luigi.

28 Comments on New Super Mario Bros.

1. to mama mia mario c. 4-7

2. Waluigi time! // January 16, 2009 at 4:51 pm // Reply

To CLEDIS, Ime sure you know what my answer is based on my nickname!

3. mama mia mario // January 14, 2009 at 8:36 pm // Reply

quiz! what are the 2 bonus worlds?

a. 1-6

b. 3-5

c. 4-7

4. I’m on the very last world on the very last level in that big green castle thing. But i got 1/4 through and got to the save thing where if you die you go back to that spot. But right after that save thing…. That little section keeps repeating and repeating. So i go through it every time. But it keeps repeating and i run out of time! It’s making me mad! Can you please tell me if there are any hidden blocks or anything to get to where you beat the boss?

to go throgh, first go under. second start under then over then under. third go in between. then bash bowser

5. i got a DS 4 Christmas, but i dont have this game. My neighbor does tho. LOL
    From what ive seen on youtube, its an awesome game.

6. W1SECRET:LvL1 one of the bricks has a vine the secret fur you!!

7. mama mia mario // January 5, 2009 at 8:26 pm // Reply

dear eagleorbust, dash and press down to shell dash!

8. mama mia mario // January 5, 2009 at 8:23 pm // Reply

in battle mode go 2 snow area and jump on the cannon across the floating platform to the blue shelled koopa,beat him 2 get a shell.

9. Super Sonic // January 4, 2009 at 5:21 pm // Reply

Pokemon 2000,
    NOT TRUE!! that was probably FAKE! Whoavar ded dat isnt nic! :evil: :twisted:

10. to nick
    go throu any door

11. eagleorbust // January 3, 2009 at 4:43 pm // Reply

i don’t get how you use the blue koopa shell

12. Pokemon2000 // January 2, 2009 at 7:25 pm // Reply

You shouldn’t try to hack anyway, I heard it can break your ds!

13. mama mia mario // January 2, 2009 at 11:09 am // Reply

deer comix lover, super sonic did not say how 2 play as luigi!

14. mama mia mario // January 2, 2009 at 11:08 am // Reply

do u no where 2 find ar?

15. Hmm…
    I hacked games with action replay then, POOF! my Ar says unknown game when I try to hack games… can somebody help me with this dillema?!?!?!

16. Super Sonics right!!You CAN start a file with Luigi

17. Jcohen, In order to smash the blocks, you have to be shell mario. to get one you must get one from the mushroom hut or get one from the flying red box. (indicated in yellow on the level\world selecton on the touch screen)

18. How do you get to the warp cannon in world 1-tower. I cant smash the blocks to get to the red pipe.

19. I no, Mama-mia-Mario.

20. mama mia mario // December 22, 2008 at 10:09 am // Reply

in world 1 lv. 3 when u float & spin dont follow the coins just keep going.

21. mama mia mario // December 20, 2008 at 8:09 pm // Reply

dear bowser3000, pokemon is not related 2 mario!

22. mama-mia-mario // December 15, 2008 at 9:59 pm // Reply

i`ve noticed, the bigger the character(except giant mario/luigi) the slower they r.

23. mama-mia-mario // December 15, 2008 at 9:41 pm // Reply

how many power-ups r there?

24. Well any tell me on pokemon red e-forms how to get ho-oh!

25. In world1-2 get on the rock above exit pipe and go right to exit to red flag.DO NOT FORGET STAR COIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 7 8 9 10 11 18