Morse Code Machine

27 Comments on Morse Code Machine

1. HEY HOW WAS YOU DAY MINE WAS GOOD

2. its a great way to learn morse but its kinda boring

3. Yes, di-di-dah-dah-dah is 2, not 3
    This game looks like a good idea.
    I hope some young kids like it and learn Morse.

4. Nice idea…needs a little work. As mentioned dit dit dah dah dah is 2 not 3 are the program reports. It would be nice to be able to adjust the tone and keyboard entry would be good. Keep up the good work.

5. Ferdinandº // July 28, 2009 at 9:38 pm // Reply

“i think there’s a problem with the “listen and guess” part. di-di-dah-dah-dah should be 2 but when you guess 2 its says you’re wrong and the answer is 3.”

Idem.

6. Anonymous // July 7, 2009 at 7:49 pm // Reply

7. Dear Boys’ Life,
    I think that this game isn’t the best. I’m sorry. I just don’t like it.
    -Unknown

8. Don’t be discouraged by this game. It’s a game and not a Morse course. It reminds me that I started to learn the code in Scouts but got distracted by building rockets! Much later I got my “ticket”, still poor at Morse (hence GW7 prefix).

9. this is kool, but it aint my type of game. i stink at memorizing stuff. it sometimes is hard for me, sometimes isnt; depends.

10. I don,t get it because it,s hard!!!!!!!

11. I’m a Ham Radio operator, operating with a General Class, FCC, license, but I don’t
    know Moris Code… Is there an actual Moris Code Machine, like the one depicted
    on this website? If so, where can I purchase one!!!

12. It’s Cool but, hard to understand. I hope I learn to decode it soon.

13. I AM A RADIO AMATEUR OF SOME 25 YEARS HOLDING BOTH CLASS B AND GLASS A LICENSE

14. ninja girl // April 17, 2009 at 1:46 pm // Reply

it’s a good game but i can’t remember any of it

15. hi this is a good way to learn but i cant remeber any of it so i think u could make a song or a catch phrase to make more people remember it and i think its a fun game but most kids arent remembering it so ya i think u need a song or a catch phrase for it

16. martianshark // April 6, 2009 at 6:47 pm // Reply

There is a problom: The Y looks like V.

17. Hey! great tool! I’m learning a lot!

One problem:
    Sometimes when it puts out the number 2 for you to guess, it says, sorry the answer is 3, when it was indeed 2!!!!

Other than this problem, it is cool!

18. My scouts loved it. Showed it to son-in-law who is a Ham Radio Operator and wants to learn Morse. All kids respond to activities in various ways as adults do. I used it to fulfill a requirement for the Communicator Webelo Pin

19. Hey this is cool! This is really helping me to memorize the code fast.

20. is the Morse code of number 3 is ..—? I thought that is number 2. I found it different…

21. What a great way to “remember” the code. I don’t use it much, so it’s great to have a place to practice. KB1ARM is right, if you really want to “get your speed up” get on the air and pound away!

–… …–

22. starwarstheclonewars // August 1, 2008 at 10:21 pm // Reply

i found a glitch if you do test 2 first and then without doing anything go to test 1 the letter is the same letter encoded

23. The machine is cute. It would have been a real help to me when I was studying code for my Novice ticket in the early 90’s. But in all honesty there’s no substitute for the “real thing,” so get on the air and pound some brass!!!

Ron / New Hampshire

24. the morse code machine is awsome! I`m going to tell all my friends about it.

25. Sir Jerome // March 26, 2008 at 9:12 am // Reply

Dear Boys’ Life,

I think that Morse code is a great skill to have. I also think that this program is quite good, except for a few errors: 2’s and 3’s get mixed up, both in coding and in decoding. Please correct this error soon.

1 2 3 4 5 21