100 Books for Boys

Boys’ Life has provided 100 years of great reading. Here are 100 other titles that every guy should read. Some suggestions will require parental guidance.

41 Comments on 100 Books for Boys

1. ive read40

2. Joe-Jack-Billy-Bob // May 16, 2011 at 3:05 pm // Reply

I’ve read 45!

3. ok, WHERE is the mysterious benedict society?

4. Soccerstar7 // May 10, 2011 at 6:53 pm // Reply

Where is Redwall, Fablehaven, Eragon, and the new Beyonders

5. The Appropriater // April 23, 2011 at 10:12 am // Reply

There can only be 1 best.

6. Diskworld is the BEST and so are all of Tolkiens books. but there are definately a few more I would add

7. I’ve read only 3% of them, but like I said in “100 Movies” I’ve heard about a couple of them.

8. I’ve read 13. Would be 14 but I can never finish Bridge to Terabithia after seeing the movie. Sad, I know.

• I have seen 36 of them. I just recently finished Tuck Everlasting and I am reading the Phantom Tollbooth.๐Ÿ˜€

P.S. Hi, Jonbuddy!

• jonbuddy1 // July 28, 2011 at 9:03 pm //

Hi, wertys!๐Ÿ™‚

Anyway, I think the “Space Odyssey” series should be on here. I just finished the first book, 2001, and just got out 2010 from my library. The series should be on the “100 Movies” list as well.

• YOU WATCHED THE MOVIE WHILE READING THE BOOK?!

9. boook worm // April 8, 2011 at 4:13 pm // Reply

where’s the Fablehaven series?

10. Missing Eragon and Redwall

11. b.o. slogbottom // April 7, 2011 at 10:43 am // Reply

the book is okay but DO NOT watch the movie of where the wild things are! It’s incredibly gloomy.

12. I LOVE redwall!

13. No PENDRAGON??? That really surprises me!

14. Hooray for all these… It’s awesome… I used one of these for my school assignments.

15. literary a genius // April 4, 2011 at 9:07 pm // Reply

Good list, read about a quarter of them. Just one thing……
    WHERE IS REDWALL????

16. Cool Dude Brown // April 4, 2011 at 7:06 pm // Reply

read 36

17. Wish there were Eragon(series) Books:Eragon,Eldest,Brisingr,Coming in 2011 (It has a green cover) Author:Christopher Paolini

18. Hurricane1973 // April 4, 2011 at 5:34 pm // Reply

My Mom gave me most of these books to read before this list ever came out๐Ÿ™‚ . Great reference. Buut, they should put what ages probably would like them.

19. I have allready read most of these

20. Th1Alchemyst // April 3, 2011 at 7:40 pm // Reply

Ive read most of these already…๐Ÿ™‚

21. Staurolite // April 3, 2011 at 6:13 pm // Reply

Harry Potter is fine too. I understand your thoughts, myself having a Christian background. Have you read them? Very fun fantasy. Classics are wonderful. Parents need to read or re-read too. I am.

• b.o. slogbottom // April 7, 2011 at 10:32 am // Reply

Harry Potter is good and probably will become a classic eventually but right now it’s not old enough.

22. The later diskworld series have gotten darker and less fun to read. Also my favorites missing from the list were Tripods, Day of the triffids, and Harlon Ellison’s Memos from Pergatory. Overall, a good list.

23. Great reference list. My oldest has read at least 25 of these, including lots of the series.

24. Not too bad of a list with a few exceptions (Harry Potter). I would like to see more Christian authors.

• The Indian // April 7, 2011 at 11:08 am // Reply

Harry Potter rules and just because it’s about wizards doesn’t mean it teaches witchcraft!

• In response to “The Indian”, I think Harry Potter should be on there. I know a lot of people object to books that contain references to magic, but I don’t really think that you should worry about that with Harry Potter. It is rather dark though.
      I think that Inheritance series-Eragon,Eldest,Brisingr should be on there as well. Speaking of which, I wonder when Christopher will finish the series.

• harry potter rules!