100 Books for Boys

Boys’ Life has provided 100 years of great reading. Here are 100 other titles that every guy should read. Some suggestions will require parental guidance.

36 Comments on 100 Books for Boys

1. 39 clues and diary of a wimpy kid are awesome but where is bone and amulet?

2. bannana boy // October 2, 2011 at 8:20 pm // Reply

WHERE IS THE MERRY ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD????????!!!!!!!!
    THEY HAD DR. SEUSS BOOKS UP THERE FOR PETE’S SAKE!!!!

3. The Appropriater // September 22, 2011 at 4:58 pm // Reply

I am embarrased to say that I love to read but I have only read 31

4. I have either read, been read, or am reading 18 books.

5. WHERES BEAST QUEST?!?!

6. when I saw “100 Books For Boys” I’d think how to train your dragon series would be in there plus dangerous book for boys … oh well. I am looking forward to reading the lord of the rings books, Percy Jackson, the Hobbit and the hardy boys, it seems you never see to many hardy boys books floating around here in this world. I was never interested in reading 39 clues, harry potter and alot more of those old ones listed on here. I definitely think the eragon series should be in this list.

7. I have read 57 books.I did not see the art of war or the prisoner of zenda on the list.

8. I’m not realy a big Narnia(though I admit that it’s not so bad).The best are probably Diary Of A Wimpy Kid,Lord Of The Rings and the Hardy Boys, then again they’re all pretty good. Well all-in-all this is an awsome list.
    P.S. Were’s The Dangerous Book For Boys?

9. Hay, they forgot Orson Scott Card’s books like The Tales of Alvin Maker and Ender’s Game.(:-()

10. i love hardy boys, artemis fowl, hunger games, 39 clues, the giving tree, and EVERYBODY should read PERCY JACKSON series,and rick riordans other series called the heros of olympus and an egyptian one.

11. basketball hero // July 26, 2011 at 2:21 pm // Reply

i read almost all the books on the list

12. I read Shilo and Hatchet and it was fun

13. I love the lord of the rings! I love artemis Fowl! I love the Hobbit! I love Narnia! I love the Phantom Tollbooth! I love Treasure Island! I LOVE TINTIN!!!!!!!!!!

• Scouting 101 // July 28, 2011 at 6:13 pm // Reply

I love the Lord of the Rings too. (The Hobbit is the first book in the series actually) I’ve read the Chronicles of Narnia Series about 5 times in the past 2 years. (I’ve pretty much memorized them with the audio series/movies to go with it!) All great books!

14. i have read all the adventures of tintin and they are GREAT! the phantom tollbooth is great to but they are missing the hank the cowdog series. i have read about 20 on here

15. I’d advise The Mysterious Benedict Society Series. They are great books.

16. Diary Of A Wimpy Kid,Lord Of The Ring,and The Hardy Boys, are the best!

17. My name isnt evan // June 30, 2011 at 7:22 pm // Reply

Pendragon??? And the keys to the kingdom series

18. Fan of Super Mario Bros. 3 // June 22, 2011 at 6:45 am // Reply

This list is epic.

19. I’ve read all of them.

20. silver lily // June 13, 2011 at 9:56 am // Reply

I have read 42. and I loved the hunger games! it should be number two! next to the giver, it was the best book ever! I’m surprised giver isn’t on the list. 😦

21. MovieFreak // June 2, 2011 at 4:02 pm // Reply

35 so far, I’m in the middle of Great Expectations and Of Mice and Men at the moment.

22. Alpha Rex // May 30, 2011 at 1:40 pm // Reply

Every 22 Redwall books should be on here because each are as awesome as anyone of these books.

23. wheres the kingdom series its like the best series ever!

24. I’v read Where the Red Fern Grows 15 times and I still cry at the end and I’m not afraid to admit it.

25. i mean 46