Animal track identification quiz

Animal track illustrations are courtesy of Lynn Levine and Martha Mitchell. For more information see Mammal Tracks and Scat: Life-Size Tracking Guide or click on Heartwoodpress.com.

137 Comments on Animal track identification quiz

1. 8/8!!!!

2. 800 twicec

3. too easy

4. creature lover // July 13, 2013 at 2:16 pm // Reply

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

5. blufferbob100 // June 20, 2013 at 8:00 pm // Reply

I agree with knife xpert 157

6. This game is awsome

7. bear footprints // February 6, 2012 at 8:29 pm // Reply

They just have Sharp claws and cool feet.

8. to easy i grew up by a hill in Illinois that in the winter i see alot of tracks… everybody can top that;)

9. Me the awsome // December 22, 2011 at 4:03 am // Reply

i got 800

10. Knife Xpert 157 (aka Chad 101) // October 28, 2011 at 11:13 am // Reply

Wow…HA,HA,HA!!! you cal that a TEST!? I have grown up in the Idaho mountains and my brother took me hunting since I was 6. He taut me everything INCLUDING how to ID tracks. that was the easyist thing ever!

11. Neogoldman2 // May 26, 2011 at 11:54 pm // Reply

Should be more diverse.

12. to easy

13. that quiz was too easy

14. Fun.

15. CHEESEINATER // November 30, 2010 at 8:26 pm // Reply

i got 700

16. I got 600

17. I DID AMSOME

18. Pedro clone // August 24, 2010 at 7:07 pm // Reply

i guessed on every one I only guessed 2 right

19. The white tailed deer track was huge i would have loved to get a buck that big!!!!!! i got a 100 % the first time i used to live on a farm and knew those tracks before i was in boy scouts…….

20. It was a fairly acurate quiz if you are working off of pictures of feet, but if you are going by the tracks you see most comonly in the outdoors, then there is too much surface area in the hare and raccoon. Otherwise, i thought it was great. The white tailed deer track was huge i would have loved to get a buck that big!!!!!! i got a 100 % the first time i used to live on a farm and knew those tracks before i was in boy scouts…….

21. confused // May 9, 2010 at 5:51 pm // Reply

When I take this test there are discrepancies on what it says the right answer is, both times it indicates prints with 4-5 digits and apparent claws belong to ‘white-tail deer’. otherwise great challenge.

22. I did emergency prep camping and this one and got 99% on all of them first time

23. hunt-master // April 13, 2010 at 8:33 pm // Reply

24. 100th Anniversary Man // April 13, 2010 at 6:18 pm // Reply

Great for Tracking (previously Stalking) Merit badge. Finish quick before 2010 is gone!

25. what does animal track mean
    the first 2 letters are sp-o- . can you help me

26. that test was a waist of time. >:(

27. God is awsome // April 10, 2010 at 8:35 am // Reply

My only complaint was that it left out a mountain lion, but other than that, it ROCKED!!!! :) 8)

1 2 3