Making Up a Lost Dime mystery

Waiting in the lunch line in the cafeteria, Clay Moorehead popped the bubble Phylo Fogg was blowing with his bubble gum and demanded Fogg give up his lunch money.

Phylo carefully removed a wad of gum from his mouth.

“All the cash I have has been hexed by magician Mac King,” Phylo told the superstitious bully. “It’ll bring you bad luck.”

To prove it, Phylo showed Clay three coins: a dime, a quarter and a fifty-cent piece. Placing the dime on top of the quarter, he covered both with the half-dollar and dropped them from his right hand to his left.

When he opened his left hand, only two coins remained. The dime had vanished and so did a cowardly Clay.

Are Phylo’s coins really cursed?

Use your mouse to highlight the hidden text below and reveal the answer

Solution: Phylo secretly stuck a bit of his chewing gum on the half dollar. When he covered the dime with the fifty-cent piece, he stuck the two coins tightly together. The ten cents remained hidden when dropped into his left hand.

Click here to see more Magic in a Minute videos and comic strips. Or visit www.magicinaminute.com for more fun stuff.

28 Comments on Making Up a Lost Dime mystery

1. What type of gum.

2. the president of the united states // February 2, 2010 at 8:27 pm // Reply

Mr the Joker i remember wen u said u had a better way wat?

3. Too easy!Iv’e done that trick at least 27 times.

4. i knew that one since i was 5!

5. cool

6. Bob The Builder (can we fix it?)!!!! // June 22, 2009 at 5:02 pm // Reply

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. .If I were a GEINUS I would not be able to figure it out

8. The amazing Samo // May 2, 2009 at 3:32 pm // Reply

If I were a GEINUS I would (hardley) not be able to figure it out!!!

9. EASY

10. I cant belive you got past that bully like that. that was the most amazing thing ive ever seen!!

11. i think it was very easy

12. link fanatic // February 6, 2009 at 11:43 pm // Reply

this was the easiest ever

13. way to easy!!! :) :)

14. 50 Cent coins are almost imposable to find.

15. I figured that one out easily

16. THE TRICK IS COOL DIDN’t FIGURED OUT.

17. That was cool! :D

18. Very good.

19. um that was easy

20. THAT WAS GENIOS!

21. Bernardo (Troop 25) // October 18, 2008 at 3:21 pm // Reply

Lol! Cool Trick!

22. gocargoooooo // October 18, 2008 at 12:27 pm // Reply

dont under stanfd

23. bob and frank are awsome :-)

24. I’m the first one to comment as usual, I figured that one out easily