Spin Doctor mystery

magic-200x1481On an evening stroll through the park, Mac King saw his friend Kelly Diaz sitting on a bench, her eyes filled with tears.

When she explained that a new kid named Dennis had stolen one of her favorite compact disks, Mac had to admit, “I know Dennis, but I’ve never heard of Randy Rainbow.”

Kelly told Mac that Randy Rainbow’s CD was immediately recognizable. “It’s got six different colors printed on its face.” She drew a pie shape in the dust with her toe (and it looked very much like the picture at right).

“So you confronted Dennis?”

Kelly nodded. “He has a portable CD player with a transparent plastic top. You can look right in and see what’s playing over his head phones.”

“And you looked, and it wasn’t Randy?”

“Nope. He had a CD spinning in there, but the disk was pure white. No colors at all!”

“Kelly, I don’t know if he stole it from you, but I’ll bet Dennis was indeed playing a Randy Rainbow CD!

Why Did Mac Say That?

Use your mouse to highlight the hidden text below and reveal the answer

Click here to see more Magic in a Minute videos and comic strips. Or visit www.magicinaminute.com for more fun stuff.

47 Comments on Spin Doctor mystery

1. easy white light is made up of all the colors of the rainbow and the cd was to so when it was spinning it was white

2. TO MAN okay but anything reflects light carrots is everycollor besides red and yellow (orange) because it reflets that light so if red paint reflects red light then you can get every primary and secondary colors spining and reflecting light then it blends!

3. easy

4. I’m pretty sure that only happens when light, not paint, mixes. In reality, I think that it would look brown.

5. Harry Potter // August 28, 2009 at 7:32 am // Reply

who knew? :)

6. What if Dennis WAS playing a white CD and not the Randy rainbow one?

7. Too easy I had it before i read it

8. I figured that one out with about two seconds thought.

9. gabigorilla // May 29, 2009 at 7:57 pm // Reply

how did I not guess that ? :)

10. easy as SNAP

11. Not a lier. // May 2, 2009 at 7:56 am // Reply

It was SO simple I knew it BEFORE I looked in the answer!!!

12. wow! this was so EZ!!!!! any one should know that

13. easy =)

14. Solution: Mac knows that white light is a combination of colors. For example, you can break these colors apart by shining a white light through a prism. So too, you can blend the colors. As the Randy Rainbow disk spun, the colors overlapped and Kelly’s eye saw a combination of colors that appeared white. Dennis might have been spinning a white disk … or he might have been playing Kelly’s disk as Mac surmised.

15. i would not guess yhat. ;)

16. so easy.

17. once again got it on the first try

18. I knew that! My science teacher did this unit on light that lasted for 5 weeks!

19. easy

20. wonder woman // February 1, 2009 at 9:41 am // Reply

OMG! this was the hardest mystery to eve solve… :[

21. Addictinggames rater // January 28, 2009 at 8:26 am // Reply

Randy was playing the CD BACKWARDS!!! It ain’t hard at ALL!!!!

22. how was this hard

23. ForbesPartridge // January 26, 2009 at 10:14 pm // Reply

LOL!!! Easy!!

24. easy

25. easy as SNAP!

26. that was hard

27. that was tough and easy… at the same time :) :)

28. spin doctor mystery is awsome

29. it is so cool

30. That was really obvious.

31. might fool some people, but to me it was easy

32. it was totally easy :)

33. Easy as pie!!!! ;-)

34. I can’t beleave how easy it was.

35. I agree with ghc “too easy” and Rygo “PIECE OF CAKE!!!” and emoney “It couldn’t have been any easyer.” and THX 1138 (jonbuddy) “I knew that. SO SIMPLE!”

36. too easy

37. It hit me like a ton of bricks…WHAM!

38. PIECE OF CAKE!!!

39. that was tricky!

40. Unlike everyone else:) I was really close to figuring it out.

41. i cant believe i didnt get that ; )

42. It couldn’t have been any easyer.

43. that was easy too easy :) ;) :} ;}

44. haha. i wish i guessed that.

45. THX 1138 (jonbuddy) // December 23, 2008 at 6:24 pm // Reply