Put a used coffee or food can to good use by making this rustic lantern.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
There are two ways to secure the 1″ x 3″ board. You can use the vise method or wood-clamp method.
The wood-clamp method
The vise method
WHAT YOU’LL DO
1. Remove the paper label from your can. If the can has a shelf, remove it with a can opener.
2. If you’re using the wood-clamp method, screw the 1″ x 3″ board onto the 2″ x 4″ board as shown. Clamp the boards to a sturdy bench or table.
3. If you’re using the vise method, clamp the 1″ x 3″ board into the vise.
4. Draw a design on paper that fits the size of the can, or click here to download a sample template (may need to be resized to fit can). Tape the design to the can. Slide the can over the 1″ x 3″ board.
5. Follow your design and punch out the holes. Do one or both sides of the can.
6. Place the candles inside the can. The inside of the can will be rough and jagged, so use caution when putting the candles inside.