Hear from Zachary Gordon, the real-life Wimpy Kid

Zachary Gordon steps onto the big screen this month as Greg Heffley, the not-so-tough main character in “Diary of a Wimpy Kid,” based on the best-selling books by Jeff Kinney. An unabashed fan of the Wimpy Kid books, Zachary considers Greg his dream role. That doesn’t mean working on the film was easy.

Boys’ Life caught up with Zachary last September on the Wimpy Kid set in Vancouver, B.C. See Zachary’s own diary (illustrated Wimpy Kid-style by Jeff Kinney) in the April 2010 issue of BL, and listen to exclusive excerpts by clicking on the audio players below.

Zachary on auditioning to play Greg Heffley:

Zachary on his first day on set:

Zachary on the challenges of acting:

Zachary on staying focused while acting:

Zachary on hanging out with friends:

Zachary on his future plans:

163 Comments on Hear from Zachary Gordon, the real-life Wimpy Kid

1. Nascar4inarowdude // April 8, 2010 at 7:49 am // Reply

Love the books-lovetheMovie!

2. Explosion2244 // April 8, 2010 at 6:22 am // Reply

I’m with Mr.Berenstein!could i have autograph.

3. Zachary Gordons #1 fan // April 7, 2010 at 10:28 pm // Reply

Watched the movie it was funny and I loved it!!

4. The Reader // April 7, 2010 at 7:43 pm // Reply

I think that it would be pretty cool to meet this guy. He sounds interesting.

5. darth vader // April 5, 2010 at 6:48 pm // Reply

I agree compleatly Mr. Bernstein on both

6. I WANT TO SEE THE MOVIE!

7. wimpykid123 // April 5, 2010 at 1:45 pm // Reply

movie was awsome.

8. GrayWolf ( the warrior ) // April 4, 2010 at 11:04 pm // Reply

Great!I never really read the book but I read it every time I see it at the bookstore. IT IS GREAT !!! ( good job on getting the part)

9. i luv ur work!its very fun how do you sign up for that stuff

• you have to be talented and rich.

• I get how you have to be talented and all, but you have to be rich? You can’t just go and audition for something? I know it cost a lil bit of money but… you have to be rich?

10. Love The Books!! Can’t Wait To See The Movie!!! :)

1 2 3 4 5 6 14