Extreme roller coasters

The Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point Amusement Park in Sandusky, Ohio, launches thrill-seekers to speeds of 120 m.p.h. in less than four seconds. After climbing 420 feet into the air and spiraling 270 degrees toward the finish, the entire rides is over in just 17 seconds.

See what it’s like to ride the Top Thrill Dragster by watching the video above. Then check out the June 2010 issue of Boys’ Life for more of the newest, most extreme, record-breaking roller coasters around.

68 Comments on Extreme roller coasters

1. Pixarboy1999 // June 3, 2011 at 1:48 pm // Reply

It felt like you were riding on it!

2. thats so cool

3. Sciencedud // March 22, 2011 at 8:49 am // Reply

I’m going on that coster

4. whoa!

5. im going this summer

6. sweeeeet

7. wow that is awsome

8. go to worlds of fun in kansas city it has seven rollercoasters

9. I want to go ther this summer.

10. cool,awsome,wow

11. There is no way anyone can drag me on there!

12. Wow. You can’t pay me all the money in the entire Earth!

13. holy cow! it may not be a long ride but it goes really fast and reslly high up

14. My dad went on that roller coaster

15. Wow! :O

16. i heard that the ride sometimes doesn’t go compltely up the first hill!:O

17. how was that filmed

18. my dad rode it and couldnt stand up for like half an hour

19. Happy scout // August 9, 2010 at 7:26 pm // Reply

If I went on that … ohh i would be sick as a dog .But the ride looks fun

20. the video was bad the camera was shaking too much

21. That didn’t look that bad. Though if that video were playing at the omnitheater in the Science Museum of Minnesota, then it might be, WILL be, horrible.

22. Collihondro // July 9, 2010 at 3:29 pm // Reply

Were Is this place I would like to go after I come back from the Jamboree
    Collihondro

23. THIS RIDE IS SO BORING!!!

24. it may not look scary- but looks can be deciving…

25. I realy want to ride.

26. Totally awesome !!!!

27. Roller Coaster Fan 21 // June 23, 2010 at 2:48 pm // Reply

I’m going there this summer :)

28. can I Ride

29. That is totally wicked!!

30. Hmmm not real scary but quick

31. HOLY COW THATS SOME RIDE

32. Wow I wanna ride it
    bb

33. makes me nauseated

34. Where are the others?

35. Where is the other extreme roller coaster videos!?

36. johnnyapplepants // June 5, 2010 at 9:20 am // Reply

this is a very nice short ride I went on it. it is fun

37. I want to ride it now!

38. wwwwooowww // May 31, 2010 at 9:18 am // Reply

where r the rest of the videos!!!???

39. that is sick

40. i wish it was longer

41. Anonymous // May 27, 2010 at 2:39 pm // Reply

is there any more videos!!1

42. freak dirt bike rider nerd! // May 26, 2010 at 7:47 pm // Reply

Holy wow that is awesome! me likey!

43. LL Cool J // May 26, 2010 at 7:38 pm // Reply

This ride is AWESOME!! I’ve ridden it.

44. bobjoebob // May 26, 2010 at 6:33 pm // Reply

I wanna try it!!!!

45. bob jo billy bob jo // May 26, 2010 at 5:49 pm // Reply

crazy!

46. This is the most awesome roller coaster you can ever ride! Just rode it yesterday

47. wow! totally goin there!

48. thats the fastest roller coaster tat i been on