Talking Robot Scout

When the Scouts from Troop 2 in Billings, Mont., decided to earn their Robotics merit badge, they went all out.

The result was a 6-foot-7, 225-pound robot with a 1,000-word vocabulary. Their robot, modeled after the robot from the old TV show “Lost in Space,” can, on request, recite the Cub Scout slogan, Cub Scout motto, the Cub Scout Promise and Law of the Pack.

Read more about the robot in the June 2012 issue of Boys’ Life magazine.

34 Comments on Talking Robot Scout

1. So cool exelent

2. I think it is COOL and AWESOME!!!:)

3. That was to lousy to be fake and to awsume to be real

4. realistic kid // December 20, 2012 at 4:05 pm // Reply

I need to see it so I know it is real because the internet can take things from other blogs
    and make something new. But I do like it because it says things kids need to know
    about scouts.

5. that is amazing though it had a little trouble on the cub scout mott how do you think they built it

6. wow a talking robot

7. troop 61 lawrence, ks // October 24, 2012 at 8:29 pm // Reply

koool i likie

8. AWESOME!

9. that is the coolest robot I’ve ever seen

10. do you like lost in space

11. tony hawk fan // September 16, 2012 at 7:20 pm // Reply

Hey! That bot was not real! It was COMPLETELY FAKE!!!!!!!

12. firstclassscout // August 2, 2012 at 6:32 pm // Reply

how do we know that its even a real robot, i mean they could be really really smart an do make it, but the probability,

13. tti the man // July 24, 2012 at 1:28 pm // Reply

that was the bom the coolest robot i had evr sn n my lifman.sweet@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. yo yo master // June 29, 2012 at 9:44 pm // Reply

i don’t think it was voice activated

15. Robomaniac // June 19, 2012 at 1:53 pm // Reply

Just curios did the scouts themselves code the robot or was the code prewritten?

• tm the man // July 24, 2012 at 1:31 pm // Reply

man that was the coolest thing ever.

• Troop2 Eagle // January 6, 2014 at 12:51 am // Reply

Member of troop 2 here. Shameful to admit considering I am an embedded systems programmer now but no we did not write the code and there is a man behind the curtain it isn’t voice activated.

16. nice now make oneto do my homework

17. great job coolest thing i ever saw!!!!!!!!!!!

18. dude that is tight

19. AMAZING!

20. that robot is from lost in space

21. spacemouse // June 5, 2012 at 8:57 am // Reply

Hi. That is real accomplishment for the boy scouts !!

22. That was amazing!The coolest thing ever!!!

23. I like your comics.

24. webelo from pack 295 // May 31, 2012 at 4:27 am // Reply

!!awesome!! some voted it very poor!! not me i vote exelent

1 2