Early rank requirement videos

87 Comments on Early rank requirement videos

1. I sure wish I had found these before, now I’m a star scout and can’t use them. Wish they had them for the other ranks, but then again, they are mostly just merit badges.

2. Homeschooler Mom these videos are awesome. Good job! My Son is just a board of review away from 1st class.We just discovered them 2 weeks ago. I like him reviewing what he has done to make sure he has really learned everything required. Thank you Boys you have done a good job teaching on these videos.

3. Shouldn’t it be said “One meal you cook and he cleans, and the next he cooks and you clean”? I’m speaking of requirement 3 in Tenderfoot, which refers to the buddy system.

4. For First Class Requirement 7b, on the Diagonal Lashing the Frapping Turns are discussed, but they are not shown on the video (It looks to me as thought they have been skipped)

5. In First Class Requirement 4d, the video nor the book doesn’t talk about what to use in your pack to keep the perishable food cold until it is cooked. How about some practical advice (like using dried ice?)?

6. I agree with “knotmaster140″. The podcasts are not working (at least for an Apple iPod (Classic)).

7. “A Former Scout” can rejoin the BSA as an adult.

8. I’m 2nd class i can’t wait to be first

9. If I am correct, first you get your Tenderfoot, then your 2nd class, then your 1st class.

10. uh… what comes first 1st class or tinderfoot? :(

11. HOW ABOUT CHINESE?

THANKS

12. PIRATE COMITEE // October 23, 2008 at 8:56 am // Reply

DO YOU THINK THIS VIDEOS WIL BE IN SPANISH SOME TIME

THANKS

13. These video’s are great but I have found an error. Has anybody noticed that 2nd Class requirement 8a and 8b are the same video and 8b is not correct?

14. cherokeescout // October 14, 2008 at 8:23 pm // Reply

Check with your scoutmaster. He should have received these videos on a DVD from BSA National earlier this summer. This is a great tool to put in the hands of the older scouts to add pizzazz to their teaching sessions.

Scoutmaster from East Tennessee

15. BobbytoBobby // October 8, 2008 at 5:51 pm // Reply

they are really helpful like with first calss cooking gear I could not watch the video but it basiclly tells you right under the video how cool is that

16. I wish there was a way to get there on DVD

17. Should have found this before.

Just had my first class bourd of review

18. i wish i had all this before. i basically need a board of review for first class

19. eagletobe333231 // August 11, 2008 at 4:50 pm // Reply

These webcasts really helped. Now I’m a Star Scout! Thank you again

20. goscouts38 // July 21, 2008 at 5:36 pm // Reply

Im so glad I found these videos, I just bridged over and the videos have already made a difference. I am now three requirements away from Tenderfoot

21. L'S''a''p'a // July 19, 2008 at 1:56 pm // Reply

It didnt work.

22. wish I had these B4, I am Star Scout!

23. I am so thankful for theese videos

24. scouter45 // May 10, 2008 at 7:31 pm // Reply

In your American flag video, you forgot to mention that it shouldNEVER touch the FLOOR!!!!!! I’m a tenderfoot (well, all but board of review), and I know it! Great videos, though.

25. knotmaster140 // April 27, 2008 at 12:26 pm // Reply

:( I believe that the “podcast”s are not working. :(

26. i cant work this

27. thanks

28. thank you

29. thank you

30. I wish I found out about these videos earlier. They are very detailed!!! I am a First Class Scout.

31. fisrst year guy // November 3, 2007 at 11:05 am // Reply

i am almost tender foot and this is very useful but very dull

32. I am an adult. I wish I would have had these videos when I was a boy!

33. Soon to be a scout A.K.A. Trevty1995 // September 20, 2007 at 2:46 pm // Reply

Tonight is my first meeting so I want to learn as much as I can, so I get my first rank as fast as possible.

34. It’s a great way to actually see what I need to do, to bad they don’t have something like this for merit badges.

35. Troop49_CC // June 11, 2007 at 2:04 pm // Reply

This ROCKS!!!

36. agent doolin, C.I.A. // May 28, 2007 at 8:33 am // Reply

I’m a star scout, but I wish I was a second class!

37. It’s a great way to help scout’s actually see what they need to do.

38. Helps me!

39. al.jawala alwihda // May 18, 2007 at 12:06 pm // Reply

40. Nathaniel // May 14, 2007 at 8:07 pm // Reply

I can’t veiw the video and I can not get onto the apple we site because of school blocks. It plays but all I hear is the audio and I can’t see the video.

41. Number 1 Scout!!!!! // May 13, 2007 at 12:52 pm // Reply

I think this really helps younger scouts see what they need to do!

This is really excellent!!!!!!

42. scouttroop142 // May 11, 2007 at 9:37 pm // Reply

i like it!!!!!!

43. Helps when reviewing for Board Of Review.

44. great information and helpful guide. The bicycle racers in the end of Tenderfoot requirement 10b aren’t wearing helmets, which isn’t very safe, and I feel is somewhat our of place for Boy Scouts were we are very safety oriented.

45. It shows me what I will need to do soon. Helpful

46. salut

47. It shows me what I will need to do soon. Helpful

48. Helps get a feel for it

49. aformerscout // March 4, 2007 at 9:35 pm // Reply

Makes me sad that I never continued Boy Scouts, sad because I will be eighteen in a month. Can’t really rejoin at that age now can I?

1 2