Learn to tie knots

Sorry, this features requires Flash to run and is not available on mobile devices.

25 Comments on Learn to tie knots

1. great great keep on doing this

2. difficult but exciting

3. punk princess // February 19, 2010 at 7:26 pm // Reply

this is so kool

4. me too

5. Wow, you made it simple.
    Many Thanks 2/2/10

6. shaun the sheep // January 31, 2010 at 4:02 pm // Reply

cool knots

7. Good site for people who are addicted to knots

8. i love knots

9. IN the square lashing the rope is not kept parallel. This makes it difficult to tighten the lashing.

The ending clove hitch for all the lashings. The first half hitch of the clove hitch should be worked tight against the lashing and the second half hitch should be worked tight against the first half hitch.

10. thanks gear guy i am now a tenderfoot

11. I just joined scouts this helped me learn Taut Line Hictch and Two half Hitches on my way to Tenderfoot

12. strawberry girl // September 7, 2009 at 7:49 pm // Reply

it’s so nice that teatching help me too

13. WOW MY KIDS AND I LOVE THIS GUIDE TO TYING KNOTS.

THANKS

14. I LOVE TIEING KNOTS THEY ARE FUN AND FUN TO LOOK AT

15. Icollectpencils :-) // May 26, 2009 at 8:14 pm // Reply

What a wonderful way to teach knots!!
    Before, I couldn’t tie the two half hitches knot, but now I think I get it!
    Also, it shows all the useful knots.

16. i like this way of teaching

17. that really helped

18. I can’t find the round lashing?

Thanks the other Knots are great!

TAHLZ

19. Girl Scouts of America // April 23, 2009 at 9:13 am // Reply

Thanks so much for the help on the knots. This makes it easy to practice.
    Kathy

20. Scout for Life // April 13, 2009 at 12:28 pm // Reply

Hey Boy’s Life,

Where is the tutorial for a round lashing My troop is goining on a campout this month and I need help.

21. webelos112 // March 28, 2009 at 7:54 am // Reply

I’m a webelos,and this helped me prepare for the knot tying event in operation snowshoe🙂

22. this helped me out so much thank you

23. Great videos especially like the ability to slow them down. A GREAT addition would be to list and or show the main uses for each knot.

24. i quit boy scouts and even though i did i can tell this is very helpful for other people who aren’t boy/cub scouts.

25. I agree with themightychief. The diagonal lashing is wrong. Where are the fraps?