Wayback Machine

The Wayback Machine is being refurbished and some features are not working at this time. Thank you for your patience!

47 Comments on Wayback Machine

1. Star Scout // July 23, 2011 at 6:29 am // Reply

Is anyone else having trouble seeing the wayback machine? The actual viewing area for the magazines is blank? Any advice, Boys’ Life?

2. I believe that in an issue of Boy’s Life there was a contest to win a Corvette, around a ’68 to ’72 model. I entered the contest when I was a kid but you had to be over 18 to win but I thought they would have mercy on an underage applicant and grant me the car if I won. Needless to say I didn’t win. I’d love to find a copy of contest because that’s what got me interested in Corvettes. Has anyone seen what I am talking about? I hope I don’t have the wrong magazine! Thanks in advance!

3. This brings back really old memories on my travels back to Gilwell.

4. SO COOL!

5. what is the March 1911 edition of boy life worth? We have one

6. This is priceless!

7. Always wanted to read BL articles written by James West, E T Seaton, Uncle Dan Beard, and, of course, to re-read Green Bar Bill. Wow! Any thoughts about downloadable PDF, Kindle, or iPad compatible versions?

8. I’m trying to get info on the 1973 national jamboree in pennsylvania where I served on the amateur radio merit badge staff.
    Which issue of Boys Life ran a report?

9. I wonder how they get these issues and where do they keep them,becuase of so many issues?

10. Where can I find plans to build the air car seen in the december 1989 boys life

11. Chaplain's Aid // June 15, 2011 at 11:04 pm // Reply

Thank you so much Boy’sLife editors for putting Christianity in every issue. Don’t let anyone put a stop to that. Please aways keep it Christian. God bless BSA!

12. icant find the january 2010 issue. can some body help me with that

13. This is amazing!

14. Why dont they have any upto date issues

15. dear bsa we have the July 1963 issue but there is no MICKEY mANTEL ARE you sure it was that issue? we have Oct.1963/nov./july/Dec./may/Sept./Aug./June. 1964/march/feb./oct./april./aug./may/july/jan./june. 1965/jan./feb./april. thats all the issues we have. i hope this gives you an idea of what we have. ihope that someone will want any of these. if not we are going to throw them away.

16. grampy's girl // May 22, 2011 at 6:11 pm // Reply

My grandfather was an advertising artist and I have an original painting of a boys life magazine cover. I’m wondering if it was used. I’m not sure when it was done, but it has 3 boys trying to start a fire by rubbing a stick on a block of wood, and a native american smiling and handing them a lighter. Anyone ever see that one?

17. How do I print a copy of a cool article?

18. THANK YOU! There’s a story I remember reading as a kid, but couldn’t find anywhere. Many people I talked to remembered the story, but not the title or author. Some remembered that it was in Boys’ Life, and I finally found it — Mission: Survival by Curt Fischer, in the Aug. 1988 issue.

19. Umm, it ain’t workin’!

20. John Thurman's apprentice // May 3, 2011 at 2:20 pm // Reply

I love it! Thank you for making these available! As a Scout, I personally enjoy reading these 1911 issues more than I do the 2011 issues. On thing that impresses me is the amount of material in the old magazines. It takes me much longer to read it than it does to reading the current magazines, and that is a good thing! I throughly enjoy reading the inspiring, manly fiction, and love the practicality of the articles on useful skills. Scout Skills, Public Speaking, Survival, Fitness, and much more. I love reading how to do things much more than I do reading about other people doing them. I know you at Boy’s Life try to make the magazines to appeal to current boys, and as a Scout myself, I would like to let you know that I would love it if you would make the current Boy’s Life magazines more like the old ones. I have some experience in writing and am the Senior Patrol Leader of my Troop, and if you would like, I would be willing to volunteer some of my time to write some articles. Please reply if you are interested. I know that there are others Scouts as well who would really appreciate the return of some of the old-style content. I don’t mean outdated, rather up-to-date but written with the same practical value and spirit of rugged adventure that the old one’s are written in. Thank you again for your hard work in making these available.

21. we werewondering if the 1963 nov. issue is worth any money? we have it and its in aone condition! please let me know. thank you.

22. SEPTIMUSHEAP // April 26, 2011 at 7:05 pm // Reply

Kinda useful

23. Woww! These old issues are just golden history. It’s great that they are available..

24. NC SCOUTER // April 25, 2011 at 5:09 pm // Reply

Us old scouts remember those great black and white illustrated Boy’s Life reprint pamphlets we use to devour as kids.
    This site reminds me of what a treasure trove of great stuff is in these back issues….Green Bar Bill, W. Ben Hunt, Whittlin’ Jim’s Slide of the Month.
    What a resource that isn’t being tapped by national…get the presses rolling guys!!!

25. This is kinda boring…..

• some parts are, but the ‘think and grin’ and the hitching rack and the comics isn’t.
      that’s why I skipped some ywars, and started reading from jan 1947