Wayback Machine

The Boys’ Life Wayback Machine is currently available for desktop and tablet devices only. Sorry for any inconvenience.

309 Comments on Wayback Machine

1. I am looking for the Dec 1983 Boys Life magazine. Can anyone help me out?

2. Is it possible to get a copy of the June, 1997 issue of Boy’s Life?

3. EG Cub Scout // January 30, 2015 at 7:53 pm // Reply

I Love this make an app please!!!

4. I was a boy scout back in the 60’s and am looking for a story called “Flight of the Valkyrie”

5. First Class Scout, North American White Bison Patrol, Troop 350 // January 7, 2015 at 5:44 pm // Reply

These archives of Boy’s Life magazine are really great in understanding United States History. The dirigible known as “the Hindenburg” was a “passenger airship” or “blimp” which traveled across the Atlantic Ocean from Frankfurt, Germany and was bound to land at Lakehurst, New Jersey. In May, 1937, the hydrogen filled dirigible was attempting to land at Lakehurst, New Jersey when the hydrogen filled dirigible had an accident and exploded into flames in its attempting to land at Lakehurst, New Jersey.

6. First Class Scout, North American Roadrunner Patrol, Troop 312 // January 6, 2015 at 8:15 pm // Reply

These archives of Boy’s Life magazine are really great in understanding United States History. “Doppler” Weather Radar was invented in 1964 and showed its usefulness as a tool in weather forecasting and in use in the field of meteorology in May, 1973. By 1975 or 1976, many of the television weather forecasters and television broadcast meteorologists were using “Doppler” Weather radar images in describing the weather forecast for a particular weather update or weather forecast television broadcast.

7. First Class Scout, Circling, Soaring and Diving Ring-Billed Sea Gull Patrol, Troop 427 // January 6, 2015 at 8:01 pm // Reply

These archives of Boy’s Life magazine are really great in understanding United States History. Charles A. Lindbergh (1902 to 1974) was the first person to solo flight across the Atlantic Ocean by traveling from Garden City, New York (Long Island, New York) to Paris, France in May, 1927. He made a solo flight by airplane in an airplane that contained a Wright Whirlwind single propeller airplane engine and traveled 3,600 miles across the Atlantic Ocean in about thirty-three and one-half hours (33 1/2 hour airplane flight by a single propeller airplane). The name of his airplane was called “The Spirit of Saint Louis”. A Boeing 747 Jumbo Jet Airplane (using airplane jet engines) usually travel the 3,600 miles from New York, New York to Paris, France in about seven (7 hours) hours to eight (8 hours) hours. The British Aerospace Concorde Supersonic Passenger Airplane would travel the 3,600 miles in about three and one-half (3 1/2 hours) hours.

8. I have asked 2 times about getting copies of the June 1965 issue of Boy’s Life. I must have B/O as nobody wants to let me know if is possible. Is It???

9. ldsphotodude49 // January 1, 2015 at 11:52 pm // Reply

As a Boy Scout in the1960s our troop had a light canvas floor less tent called an explorer tent. They were fairly light (for a canvas tent) and roomy. I’ve tried to find them online but it seems no one has a clue what I’m talking about. Does anyone know what I’m looking for and if there is a place I can still get this style of tent ? This tent had a single center pole with a short ridge pole.

• The Elephant // January 24, 2015 at 11:19 pm // Reply

I think that you might find a set of plans for this tent in “Popular Mechanics” magazine in the late 1940s or early 1950s. The article was about 2 pages and reprinted in “Popular Mechanics” “Boy Mechanic Books”.

10. I sold cards for the Wallace Brown greeting card company (All-occassion greeting cards) and earned a BB gun

11. MountainPeak // December 30, 2014 at 1:40 am // Reply

I am so glad I found this. In an issue for medal of heroism. Been looking for it for so many years…Thank YOu

12. aka Harry Potter // September 11, 2014 at 8:04 am // Reply

Where is the January 1912 issue?

• There isn’t any. Mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!

• The Elephant // January 25, 2015 at 5:06 pm // Reply

Pay attention to the volume number and issue number. Apparently there was a January 1912 issue, but no one can find a copy of it. I wonder what it would be worth? About the same value as the video tape of Super Bowl I, I would think.

13. Is anyone else having trouble getting the wayback machine to work? Or am I wrong in assuming that when you click on the date and year \, that issue is supposed to pop up?

14. It doesn’t get better than reading Green Bar Bill’s first column in the October ’32 issue

15. Way Back in the 50’s I would look forward to my Boy’s Life magazine and I would read it over and over until the next arrived. I feel I learned a great deal about how to interact with people from the articles in Boy’s Life. In the famous words of Bob Hope, “Thanks for the memories”.

16. Is this image supposed to be of John Rueger Explorer Base formerly of Sheepshead Bay, NY?

17. Amazing young man willing to change his life to change the world.

18. why, comatose, why??? // May 23, 2014 at 2:44 pm // Reply

In the June 2010 issue, they talked about WATER POWERED CLOCKS! That is SO COOL!!!

19. why, comatose, why??? // May 23, 2014 at 2:22 pm // Reply

I LOVE the fishing section in July 1990!!!!!!

20. Bear Leader AA // May 20, 2014 at 11:50 am // Reply

My son and i just read a artical about his Grandfather as an explorer scout in 1955. What a great resource.

21. I guess they don’t call him “Spike” Harris for nothing (See Sep 1990)!

22. Really like Dec 1989

23. Boy scouts .best scouts organization in the world.

24. I’d like a print copy of the July 1963 article on the Persian war (p 42) Can you help?

25. Rich E Rich // April 16, 2014 at 7:20 pm // Reply

It was between 69 and 73.

26. The ZOOM IN (+) and ZOOM OUT (-) does not work.

1 3 4 5