When the race is over, enter the winner’s circle by building this display for your Pinewood Derby or model car.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE A DISPLAY
- Tape measure
- Lumpy rock
- Wood screws
- Narrow chisel
- Utility Knife (Optional)
- Wood glue
- 3/4″ x 10″ x 10 1/2″ board
- 3/4″ x 3 1/2″ x 10 1/2″ board
- 12″ x 12″ cork board
- 1/2″ x 2″ x 9″ wood strip (optional)
- 1/2″ x 1″ x 9″ wood strip (optional)
- Some black paint and white paint
- Paint brush
WHAT YOU’LL DO TO MAKE A DISPLAY
6. Glue the cork squares to the back of the display.
HOW TO MAKE WALL MOUNTING BRACKETS FOR YOUR DISPLAY
Cut the 1/2″ x 2″ x 9″ wood strip lengthwise at a 45-degree angle. Mount one piece about 1″ below the top of the back of the display and the other to the wall as shown. Attach the 1/2″ x 1″ x 9″ wood strip about 1″ from the bottom of the back of the display. The display will then slide firmly onto the wall.
PHOTOS OF COMPLETED PROJECT
Check out these photos of the completed project sent to us by Boys’ Life readers. If you have a photos of a BL Workshop project, please use the form below to send them to us.