He saved the boy from drowning!

sia_0408_200x148a.jpgAlex Lambert and David “Junior” Tyree, both 12, and John Buchanan, 13, were swimming at a campground near Spruce Pine, N.C. As John began to tire, he panicked and jumped onto Junior’s back. Both boys started to go under.

Listen as Alex and his mom describe the rescue in a true story of Scouts in Action.

Click here for more Scouts in Action episodes.

SCOUTS IN ACTION PODCAST
Can’t get enough Scouts in Action? Boys’ Life is planning to post more episodes. Click here to subscribe to the Scouts in Action podcast.

25 Comments on He saved the boy from drowning!

1. I could have never done that! cool!

2. Hillary's mom // April 8, 2008 at 7:50 pm // Reply

I’m sure John and his family will be forever thankful and your family will be forever proud!

3. robomastercheif2.0 // April 4, 2008 at 7:09 pm // Reply

THAT WAS AMASING AND VERY GOOD JOB YOU ROCK!

4. good job

5. YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job Alex

6. I thank God that know one was hurt and that you didn’t panick!

Good Job

7. Nice!🙂🙂🙂

8. ChristianBoy // March 31, 2008 at 1:29 pm // Reply

Nice job man! you saved a life!

9. pokemon lover 10 // March 30, 2008 at 12:53 pm // Reply

Great job by pulling John off junior! I see that you fought pretty hard to stay on John! Keep up the good work!

10. I THINK HE WAS A VERY HEROIC SCOUT

11. Good work.

12. ;{ ) its a moustache smiley // March 29, 2008 at 5:45 pm // Reply

AWESOME!! congratulations!

13. rob bob42296 // March 29, 2008 at 2:58 pm // Reply

i am very impressed Alex! You incouraged me to save anybody when theyre in danger. 🙂

14. y,k hiygtki // March 29, 2008 at 9:25 am // Reply

super job,you were great!

15. Weeblos863 // March 29, 2008 at 5:58 am // Reply

Very Amazing! Alex you did a very good thing.

16. that was nice what they did

17. *Claps* Great job. Very great job.😀

18. Nice Cool allof the Above

19. bear blood88 // March 27, 2008 at 7:21 am // Reply

that rockt

20. the big dawg // March 25, 2008 at 6:39 pm // Reply

i was in a situation like this one time i was at the lake fishing i went to cast my line from the boat towrds an area where there was splashing i thought it was a fish and when my line hit i saw a hand grab for the line so i dashed out of the boat and took him back to shore . i got a life saver badge from my wilderness club im in

21. Jonamaster // March 24, 2008 at 8:49 pm // Reply

Woah! Great Job David! And when I mean great I mean GREAT!!!

22. that wus cool