Olympic mascots through the years

Since 1968, it has been a tradition to have a mascot for each of the Olympic games. Take a peek at our photo gallery of Olympic mascots and then use the comments section to tell us which Olympic mascots you think were the wildest, craziest, weirdest and coolest.

Click on the thumbnails to see larger images of the Olympic mascots and scroll through the slideshow.

31 Comments on Olympic mascots through the years

1. The 2010 mascots are the best.

2. I liked the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics mascots (Sumi,Quatchi, and Miga). But I would like to point out an error. Sumi is the mascot for the PARALYMPIC Winter games. It’s actually supposed to be MUKMUK, Miga, and Quatchi for the Olympics.

• Yes, Sumi should be Paralympic mascot. And he WAS.
      And I think Mukmuk SHOULD BE OFFICIAL Olympic mascot!

3. COMMENTER SAYS // March 3, 2010 at 6:05 pm // Reply

AND 2006

4. COMMENTER SAYS // March 3, 2010 at 6:05 pm // Reply

2004 WEIRD

5. Miga is cute…

6. Spider Monkey // February 26, 2010 at 2:00 pm // Reply

I like the ones from 2010 that are Sumi, Quatchi, & Miga.I took a quiz on the vancouver 2010 site and I am most like Sumi, he is helpful. My sister is most like miga and my mom is most like quatchi.

7. Izzy is awesome

8. I LIKE MISHA THE ONE FROM 1980 !! ( I WAS NOT BORN YET )

9. hOtToPiCdEaTh101 // February 18, 2010 at 9:57 am // Reply

i loveeeeee magique

10. scribblenaut // February 15, 2010 at 4:29 pm // Reply

i like the wookie\bigfoot quatchi

11. I think Izzy is cool!

12. I like miga.

13. I LOVE the weiner dog! He reminds me of a popcicle! And I love Misha, he looks like a bear/mouse

14. Happy Birthday BSA // February 8, 2010 at 5:12 pm // Reply

Izzy takes the prize for most original

15. I LIKE THE ONES FROM 2010.

16. quatchi is the best!

17. i think the Chinese mascots are the best.they represent the 5 elements of Earth.I hope the winter Olympics are as good as the summer Olympics.really , I like the Olympics.

18. I think Schuss is the wierdest.

19. i have to say izzy is the weirdest

• He was created by the children. And he was the first mascot created by the computer. A first try is not always the best, so it looks so.

20. These are my favorite mascots: the 1972 Summer games wiener dog, the 1996 Summer Games (Izzy), 2002 Winter Games (Powder, Coal and Copper)2008 Summer Games (Fuwa dolls) 2010 Winter Games (Sumi, Miga, and Quatchi).

21. I LIKE QUATCHI

22. Emperor John // January 4, 2010 at 7:12 pm // Reply

Always loved Sumi…

23. I think either the fuwa or the 2010 mascots are the best

24. The great one // January 3, 2010 at 5:03 pm // Reply

I like Schneeman.

25. i just love copper,powder,and coal!(even though i was 1 year old in 2002)

1 2 3 4 5