Olympic mascots through the years

Since 1968, it has been a tradition to have a mascot for each of the Olympic games. Take a peek at our photo gallery of Olympic mascots and then use the comments section to tell us which Olympic mascots you think were the wildest, craziest, weirdest and coolest.

Click on the thumbnails to see larger images of the Olympic mascots and scroll through the slideshow.

27 Comments on Olympic mascots through the years

1. LONDONS IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!😛

2. I like Athens

3. I like Wenlock.(Wenlock is the name of the 2012 mascot)

P.S. They are missing Wenlock’s brother, Mandeville, the Paraolympics mascot.

4. I realy like Londons mascot.Infact they are all cute.

5. I think they should have 1 for all countries/cities

6. 2012 all the way.

7. trainfire51 // August 10, 2012 at 4:40 pm // Reply

the weenie dog from 72 is pretty cool

8. i liked Beijing.

9. I really like montreal 1976

10. Los Angeles is cool.

11. Socsoocbdsbcob // August 5, 2012 at 7:28 pm // Reply

Schneeman is the cutest thing!

12. webelo from pack 295 // August 3, 2012 at 9:02 am // Reply

munich is so cute!

13. AwesomeSPY // August 3, 2012 at 7:40 am // Reply

I like the ones from 1984, 1988, and 1998. The first on is weird.

14. Monkey D Luffy // May 12, 2012 at 7:57 am // Reply

2008 fuwa mascot is the best!

15. I went to the 1996 summer games and brought home an “Izzy” doll. They had zillions of these little stuffed dolls left over as most people didn’t like the mascot. I thought it was cute!

16. We still wear our slippers proudly around the house, one year later!

17. I loooooove amik he is A-DOR-A-BlE!

18. why do they have weird names???????

19. Anonymous // May 22, 2010 at 9:14 am // Reply

sam is awsome

20. i like the fuwa children

21. camper man // May 21, 2010 at 5:56 pm // Reply

i liked roniand,sam,

22. Anonymous // May 21, 2010 at 3:50 pm // Reply

the one in 1996 is my favorite. btw they just released the new mascots for the 2012 Summer Olympics in London

23. My aunt went to the 2000 and 2004 summer olympic games!

24. I like the 2008 summer olympics mascots the Fuwa dolls are awesome! So are the Vancouver mascots from the 2010 winter games.

25. Sumi is soooo cute! And Miga. I’m not sure about Quatchi…

1 2 3 4 5