Watch Season 5 of ‘Scouting for Adventure’

Boys’ Life magazine has always given you stories about Scout adventures — from backpacking to kayaking and everything in between.

BL is bringing its Scout adventure stories to the Outdoor Channel television network in the fifth season of “Scouting for Adventure — Presented by Boys’ Life.” The new episodes stress key outdoors skills and capture Scouts in action in a variety of locations as they explore the wilderness.

· Click here for more information about the show and to find out how to get Outdoor Channel.

· Click here for information about purchasing Seasons 1-4 on DVD.

Catch Season Five on the Outdoor Channel at the following times (all times Eastern):

• Fridays at 10 a.m. ET
  • Saturdays at 2 p.m. ET
  • Wednesdays at 7 a.m. ET

The episodes were filmed at national high adventure bases and Scout camps across the country.

Missed Season One, Two, Three or Four? Click here to purchase DVDs.

25 Comments on Watch Season 5 of ‘Scouting for Adventure’

1. chanl sufer // August 18, 2008 at 2:42 pm // Reply

have been a schout for 5 years even i lern a thing or 2

2. Va. 534Scouter // August 18, 2008 at 10:07 am // Reply

Hello,

The rare but always present “negative comment” about being on the same page & channel.

Do You think this is free??

What do you think the cost might be on an everyday channel? It is a starting point, and i am sure BSA will look into getting these shows available on another platform (if the contract permits!!) remember you have to crawl before you can walk muchless run.

3. Check out the Outdoor Channel’s Website. They have a place to watch their shows online. I don’t know for sure if the Scout show will be on there–but it’s worth watching for! Their website is: http://www.outdoorchannel.com/tv/

4. Do you believe this would draw more scouts in? What if you take it to another level like sports have and had the Boy Scouts of America was established, by competitive outdoor adventures, e are losing so many scouts each year because they believe its a school after school and sometimes they go camping and those skills will no longer be used. hen I grew up in scouting what drove me to meetings just like many scouts in my troop was the sense of adventure and rival troops in the area where we were going to compete twice a year at Burr oak, Camporees, and klondikes. I am no longer it that area because the Military has moved me from there. In the location I am in now they had a Camporee with the historical theme, and only a gateway competition, and next year they are going to incorporate cub scouts into it. Please shed some light, I love scouting, and I love the traditions of scouting. Are we caught up in the Money and profit scouting makes or the lifes that we can mold and change? I am sorry for this soap box on the wonderful Scouting show forum, I am only one opinion, but if u look at the decline in 10 years it is at 37% even though they say at all the meetings I goto that scouting is doing good. Thank you, take care and please keep scouting!

5. My cable provider, only offers this channel at a higher tier, which equates to more money from me to them. I can not justify the cost. YOUTUBE is a great alternative and possibly put them on this site as podcasts. This would allow untis to use them as a recruiting tool. IMHO

6. LOLERSKATES // August 17, 2008 at 1:44 am // Reply

Why dont you guys just use public broadcasting its not like this is gonna make up for not selling cookies!

7. Sounds like a great show. I do not get the Outdoor Channel. Is there anyway the videos can be made available? Online, DVD, for sale, free????

We would love to see them

Thanks, h2otgo

8. wapascouter // August 16, 2008 at 8:59 pm // Reply

I WOULD LOVE TO WATCH THIS TELEVISION PRESENTATION SPONSERED BY BOY’S LIFE BUT UNFORTUNTLY I CAN NOT. IN THIS TOUGH ECONOMIC TIME IN OUR GREAT COUNTRY I MUST TAKE THE 9TH POINT OF THE SCOUT OATH EVEN CLOSER TO HEART AND MANAGE MY MONEY SO THE $18.00 THAT TIME WARNER CABLE WANT FOR E TO RECEIVE THIS CHANNEL IS JUST NOT POSSIABLE. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMEND THAT AFTER THE SHOW IS BROADCAST ON TELEVISION THE SHOW BE AVAILIABLE ON LINE EITHER ON THE NATIONAL COUNCIL WEBSITE, BOYSLIFE WEBSITE OR YOUTUBE. I HOPE YOU TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION THE MANY PROUD AMERICAN SCOUTERS AND MAKE THIS VEIWABLE TO USE IN SOME OTHER FORMAT. AS ALWAYS KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GEETING THE SCOUTING MESSAGE OUT TO THE WORLD

9. What a great showcase for Scouting. Too bad it is on the Outdoor Channel which is a premium channel that I don’t get. We have Verizon FiOS and the Outdoor costs a bundle. My suggestion would be for National to get these shows on another channel (e.g., Discovery or Nat Geo) or up on YouTube, and offer the series on DVDs for wider distribution.

In my humble opinion, if you want the “reintroduce America to the real BSA, you will need to get wider distribution for this show.

10. Council Pres // August 16, 2008 at 5:05 pm // Reply

Very good program. However, given the times it is being shown, it will not be seen by many in the Western Time zone.

11. Yes, the Outdoor Channel is not widely available in our Comcast service area near San Francisco, except on pricey Premium Digital Channels. None of our Scouts can access it in our city. Scouts and Scouting’s image can only be furthered by making its fun, adventures, and good work known to the masses who can afford to watch this program. Bring it down to standard TV reception that all can access!

12. If you don’t have the channel maybe you can watch them online. If you go to the OutdoorChannel website, on the top menu click “Shows”. On that page, scroll down in the box (its alphabetical) and click “Scouting For Adventure” to go to the show’s page.

13. How about making it available for purchase through iTunes? People won’t have to subscribe to OLN, but can still purchase the program.

14. Hello “Boys life” do you get the idea yet? You may have a wonderful program but if we are not all on the same page or “the same channel” it’s not going to go very far, is it.

15. Newpatrolleader // August 14, 2008 at 5:02 pm // Reply

Not fair I don’t have the channel! I whish i could show this to my new scouts, I wonder if we could buy these my Troop would definatly buy them. 🙂 😛 😀 8) 😉 : lol: :mrgreen: 🙂 🙄

16. EtowahLeader // August 13, 2008 at 4:45 pm // Reply

I equally am excited about this series and my Comcast provider only allows for this as an add-on channel adove and beyond Digital Premium package that I pay monthly. I would strongly encoruage that we look at providing this via some other means. Awesome idea but don’t hide this stuff.

17. Cape Rocketman // August 13, 2008 at 4:34 pm // Reply

I believe that our local cable distributor does not carry the Outdoor Channel. Perhaps it could also be distributed to our target audience..scout-age youth.. via popular children’s network such as Disney and Nicklelodian networks.

18. awsome

19. How about putting it up on youtube?

20. WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE THIS! However we don’t have this channel where I live. Maybe check with the Discovery Channel to see if they would be interested in showing this. My son loves being a scout, but it’s hard to recruit new kids these days. If we could have some visuals to show kids they may be more excited about joining!!

21. Roswell Scouter // August 13, 2008 at 11:49 am // Reply

Very, very COOL! Thanks BSA for taking Scouting to another level!

We don’t get the Outdoor Channel, since it’s on a pricey-er tier via cable and we’re thrifty scouts🙂

Looks like the Outdoor Channel offers shows on its www site. Could BSA make sure we have access to the show via their site, or perhaps via iTunes?

I would think charging $$ for the shows would be counter-productive to the objective of getting the word out! We’ll definitely be able to better promote Scouting that way.

22. I have the same trouble as NL. DirecTV carries Outdoor Channel as an extra add on that I’m not sure I want to pay extra for. I wish they would have asked scout leaders before choosing a network. Maximum Adventure Network (MAN) would probably have jumped on the opportunity to get a new show with a ready made audience. It is a great new channel that comes with my current DirecTV package.

23. Same as Above, we can’t get the channel either. But the show looks great. I have a number of photos i could send to add in.

24. This is a great thing and a great idea. I really would like my Scouts to see it.

Unfortunately, in our area, the Outdoor Channel is part of a superpremium cable package and we won’t be able to see it.

25. We don’t get this channel where we live, and I’d love to use these videos for Join Scouting Night as a recruiting tool. Will BSA allow Packs/Troops to purchase these?