Video of a Super-Fast Pinewood Derby Track

Cub Scouts competing in a pinewood derby in Indiana didn’t get to see much of the action. The giant track made the cars zip by so fast, you could only hear them.

The Crossroads of America Council built the track inside the Indiana State Museum. The track was more than two stories tall and 125 feet long — almost as long as a Boeing 737 airplane.

Use the above player to watch video from the race and check out the article in the December 2008 issue of Boys’ Life magazine for more details.

More Pinewood Derby Fun

25 Comments on Video of a Super-Fast Pinewood Derby Track

1. I could easily see them.

2. three sword // January 4, 2009 at 3:45 pm // Reply

wow those cars are FAST. Good design and terrific coloristic fantastic job. What did you do with them to make go fast? Answer me back!

3. wow that is the best track for top speed

4. dudeawesome2009! // January 1, 2009 at 10:12 am // Reply

jackknife..Miles Per Gallon? dont you mean Miles Per Hour? MPH?

5. i want 1 of those ramps in my derby!!!😮

6. i thought that that was fast.

7. Whats the mpg on those

8. Wow!I still saw them, though…

9. they were all slow, i could beat that

10. brandon speed // December 22, 2008 at 7:13 pm // Reply

The cars whent so fast that it was like a lighting bolt coming out of the sky!

11. they went super fast!!!!!

12. WOW!
    any tips on building you pine wood car?

13. Hi, that sounds cool.

14. itsmeleavitt // December 18, 2008 at 9:47 pm // Reply

them cars need a radar gun

15. That is awesome! Maybe I can see one of those if they do it again!

16. That is cool!!! I love the lazer at the end that counts the cars! On some I could almost not see them!

17. I really want to send one of my cars down that track!!!!!

18. It only seemed fast when they went by you, but still, they were really fast though so it was really cool and awesome.

19. I do that every YEAR!

20. Scouter In HI // December 13, 2008 at 5:18 pm // Reply

WOWWEE!!! That’s fast!!!

21. dude!!! that like 50mph!!!! they shoud have a ramp.

22. That is AWESOME!! That would be cool to have a track that big!

23. They were Super Fast! You couldn’t see so Well!

24. THX 1138 (jonbuddy) // December 13, 2008 at 8:52 am // Reply