1910
1960
1970
1980
1990
2000
2010

Comments about “Wayback Machine”

1. Star Scout says:

Is anyone else having trouble seeing the wayback machine? The actual viewing area for the magazines is blank? Any advice, Boys’ Life?

2. rmvette says:

I believe that in an issue of Boy’s Life there was a contest to win a Corvette, around a ’68 to ’72 model. I entered the contest when I was a kid but you had to be over 18 to win but I thought they would have mercy on an underage applicant and grant me the car if I won. Needless to say I didn’t win. I’d love to find a copy of contest because that’s what got me interested in Corvettes. Has anyone seen what I am talking about? I hope I don’t have the wrong magazine! Thanks in advance!

3. Eagle1976 says:

This brings back really old memories on my travels back to Gilwell.

4. halo says:

SO COOL!

5. michael says:

what is the March 1911 edition of boy life worth? We have one

6. old scout says:

This is priceless!

7. Buster says:

Always wanted to read BL articles written by James West, E T Seaton, Uncle Dan Beard, and, of course, to re-read Green Bar Bill. Wow! Any thoughts about downloadable PDF, Kindle, or iPad compatible versions?

8. pete says:

I’m trying to get info on the 1973 national jamboree in pennsylvania where I served on the amateur radio merit badge staff.
    Which issue of Boys Life ran a report?

9. bean says:

I wonder how they get these issues and where do they keep them,becuase of so many issues?

10. kin412 says:

Where can I find plans to build the air car seen in the december 1989 boys life

11. Chaplain's Aid says:

Thank you so much Boy’sLife editors for putting Christianity in every issue. Don’t let anyone put a stop to that. Please aways keep it Christian. God bless BSA!

12. me says:

icant find the january 2010 issue. can some body help me with that

13. bllover says:

This is amazing!

14. woyo13 says:

Why dont they have any upto date issues

15. kit kat says:

dear bsa we have the July 1963 issue but there is no MICKEY mANTEL ARE you sure it was that issue? we have Oct.1963/nov./july/Dec./may/Sept./Aug./June. 1964/march/feb./oct./april./aug./may/july/jan./june. 1965/jan./feb./april. thats all the issues we have. i hope this gives you an idea of what we have. ihope that someone will want any of these. if not we are going to throw them away.

16. grampy's girl says:

My grandfather was an advertising artist and I have an original painting of a boys life magazine cover. I’m wondering if it was used. I’m not sure when it was done, but it has 3 boys trying to start a fire by rubbing a stick on a block of wood, and a native american smiling and handing them a lighter. Anyone ever see that one?

17. joecool says:

How do I print a copy of a cool article?

18. nolly says:

THANK YOU! There’s a story I remember reading as a kid, but couldn’t find anywhere. Many people I talked to remembered the story, but not the title or author. Some remembered that it was in Boys’ Life, and I finally found it — Mission: Survival by Curt Fischer, in the Aug. 1988 issue.

19. Conguero says:

Umm, it ain’t workin’!

20. John Thurman's apprentice says:

I love it! Thank you for making these available! As a Scout, I personally enjoy reading these 1911 issues more than I do the 2011 issues. On thing that impresses me is the amount of material in the old magazines. It takes me much longer to read it than it does to reading the current magazines, and that is a good thing! I throughly enjoy reading the inspiring, manly fiction, and love the practicality of the articles on useful skills. Scout Skills, Public Speaking, Survival, Fitness, and much more. I love reading how to do things much more than I do reading about other people doing them. I know you at Boy’s Life try to make the magazines to appeal to current boys, and as a Scout myself, I would like to let you know that I would love it if you would make the current Boy’s Life magazines more like the old ones. I have some experience in writing and am the Senior Patrol Leader of my Troop, and if you would like, I would be willing to volunteer some of my time to write some articles. Please reply if you are interested. I know that there are others Scouts as well who would really appreciate the return of some of the old-style content. I don’t mean outdated, rather up-to-date but written with the same practical value and spirit of rugged adventure that the old one’s are written in. Thank you again for your hard work in making these available.

21. kit kat says:

we werewondering if the 1963 nov. issue is worth any money? we have it and its in aone condition! please let me know. thank you.

22. SEPTIMUSHEAP says:

Kinda useful

23. bitsy says:

Woww! These old issues are just golden history. It’s great that they are available..

24. NC SCOUTER says:

Us old scouts remember those great black and white illustrated Boy’s Life reprint pamphlets we use to devour as kids.
    This site reminds me of what a treasure trove of great stuff is in these back issues….Green Bar Bill, W. Ben Hunt, Whittlin’ Jim’s Slide of the Month.
    What a resource that isn’t being tapped by national…get the presses rolling guys!!!

25. leopard16 says:

This is kinda boring…..

• freddyy says:

some parts are, but the ‘think and grin’ and the hitching rack and the comics isn’t.
      that’s why I skipped some ywars, and started reading from jan 1947

26. unknown says:

I hope that BL has the newer issues on the site soon.

27. cgtrader says:

When do you expect to include the ability to print individual pages? I am working on an article about an event held by the BSA every year from 1920 through at least the mid-1930s and there are about 20 different pages I would like to print out to use as references.

28. zoomer says:

no 2010!

29. DLW says:

I haven’t seen Boys’Life in years. Going here and pulling up some of the old issues from my youth brought back memories of simpler times. I was a cub acout and then worked my way to the rank of Life as a Boy Scout. Thanks for posting the magazines here.

30. Matty says:

How do you order a specific issue of a magazine if you have lost an old one and would like a copy? September of 2009 to be specific.

31. Anonymous says:

how do you order a specific issue of this magazine if you lost an old copy?

32. freddyy says:

when does the Hitching Rack and when does the Scouts in Action comics start?

33. Speed says:

I like. Especially the Get Fit not Fat magzine. Why on some of the pages the pictures a cut off? can we still get the Get Fit not Fat magzine? Overall I like it.

34. Troop 373 SPL INDY says:

Wasnt there any Magazines from 1910? or was that before it started?

35. Scout Crazy says:

i have the best of boys life so i might have all the best ones anyways

36. persoon who likes wayback says:

I can’t look at 1920 October. is there a problem?

the wayback machine isvery interesting and historical. I get to see the old jokes in the think and grin, old jokes can be good too, but some of them are not easy to understand.

37. Cubmaster Jeff says:

Is there a way to print a page of a magazine. I would like to share a page with my cubscouts.

thanks

• Boys' Life says:

We’re sorry, but printing is not available at this time.

• GranPa says:

If you have a Macintosh you can copy anything on the screen. Command/shift/3 captures the whole screen and command/shift/4 captures a section you select. I don’t know how its done on a windows machine

38. John says:

Any luck finding Vol. 1 #2, which apparently was mid-March 1911?

39. Scout Crazy says:

ya know what thats hard to read but only if you click the zoom in button

40. Anonymous says:

amazing glimpse of history. I will look at it again and agoin.

41. Mr Retired Boy Scout says:

This thing is awesome! BL, I hope you find the missing magazines soon- I’ve asked my Grandpa, Dad, and looked in my attic but can’t find any.

42. boyscout wannabe says:

terrific. really cool

43. whatever says:

where does the first pee wee comic start

• Boys' Life says:

The first Pee Wee Harris comic appeared in the September 1952 issues.
      But, you’ll also find short stories about him, starting in April 1920.

44. Tiny One says:

Where is May 1911?

45. comicsman says:

why can’t you downlond the mags

46. Boys' Life says:

PLEASE HELP! Boys’ Life needs to find the October 1911 and January 1912 issues to complete its archives. Search your attics, dig through those old boxes. Surely, somebody must have a copy of these missing issues!

47. ravage says:

A Scout uses the resources he has and makes due with them. Take whats given to you and make it work and stop complaining about what you do not have. After all this is the Boys’ Life Wayback Machine.
    2009, 2010 is not way back

48. da tosta says:

ok, i can get not having 2011, but why not up to 2010?

49. someone who used to be a boy scout says:

interresting, how come there aren’t any 2009 and 2010 and 2011s?

• Boys' Life says:

We still have a few issues missing, but hopefully they’ll be added soon. Watch for 2009 in the next few weeks.

50. d.dog says:

AWESOME!

Write a comment about “Wayback Machine”

Nickname: