Wayback Machine

The Wayback Machine is being refurbished and some features are not working at this time. Thank you for your patience!

42 Comments on Wayback Machine

1. I hope that BL has the newer issues on the site soon.

2. When do you expect to include the ability to print individual pages? I am working on an article about an event held by the BSA every year from 1920 through at least the mid-1930s and there are about 20 different pages I would like to print out to use as references.

3. no 2010!

4. I haven’t seen Boys’Life in years. Going here and pulling up some of the old issues from my youth brought back memories of simpler times. I was a cub acout and then worked my way to the rank of Life as a Boy Scout. Thanks for posting the magazines here.

5. How do you order a specific issue of a magazine if you have lost an old one and would like a copy? September of 2009 to be specific.

6. how do you order a specific issue of this magazine if you lost an old copy?

7. when does the Hitching Rack and when does the Scouts in Action comics start?

8. I like. Especially the Get Fit not Fat magzine. Why on some of the pages the pictures a cut off? can we still get the Get Fit not Fat magzine? Overall I like it.

9. Troop 373 SPL INDY // March 24, 2011 at 7:10 pm // Reply

Wasnt there any Magazines from 1910? or was that before it started?

10. Scout Crazy // March 17, 2011 at 2:04 pm // Reply

i have the best of boys life so i might have all the best ones anyways

11. persoon who likes wayback // March 14, 2011 at 11:10 am // Reply

I can’t look at 1920 October. is there a problem?

the wayback machine isvery interesting and historical. I get to see the old jokes in the think and grin, old jokes can be good too, but some of them are not easy to understand.

12. Cubmaster Jeff // March 14, 2011 at 5:51 am // Reply

Is there a way to print a page of a magazine. I would like to share a page with my cubscouts.

thanks

• Boys' Life // March 15, 2011 at 9:55 am // Reply

We’re sorry, but printing is not available at this time.

• If you have a Macintosh you can copy anything on the screen. Command/shift/3 captures the whole screen and command/shift/4 captures a section you select. I don’t know how its done on a windows machine

13. Any luck finding Vol. 1 #2, which apparently was mid-March 1911?

14. Scout Crazy // March 9, 2011 at 6:04 pm // Reply

ya know what thats hard to read but only if you click the zoom in button

15. amazing glimpse of history. I will look at it again and agoin.

16. Mr Retired Boy Scout // March 5, 2011 at 4:55 pm // Reply

This thing is awesome! BL, I hope you find the missing magazines soon- I’ve asked my Grandpa, Dad, and looked in my attic but can’t find any.

17. boyscout wannabe // March 4, 2011 at 7:36 pm // Reply

terrific. really cool

18. where does the first pee wee comic start

• Boys' Life // March 8, 2011 at 10:01 am // Reply

The first Pee Wee Harris comic appeared in the September 1952 issues.
      But, you’ll also find short stories about him, starting in April 1920.

19. Where is May 1911?

20. why can’t you downlond the mags

21. Boys' Life // March 3, 2011 at 4:41 pm // Reply

PLEASE HELP! Boys’ Life needs to find the October 1911 and January 1912 issues to complete its archives. Search your attics, dig through those old boxes. Surely, somebody must have a copy of these missing issues!

22. A Scout uses the resources he has and makes due with them. Take whats given to you and make it work and stop complaining about what you do not have. After all this is the Boys’ Life Wayback Machine.
    2009, 2010 is not way back

23. ok, i can get not having 2011, but why not up to 2010?

24. someone who used to be a boy scout // February 28, 2011 at 7:53 pm // Reply

interresting, how come there aren’t any 2009 and 2010 and 2011s?

• Boys' Life // March 3, 2011 at 4:42 pm // Reply

We still have a few issues missing, but hopefully they’ll be added soon. Watch for 2009 in the next few weeks.

25. AWESOME!