It’s easier to say no to smoking if you’ve decided ahead of time how you’ll respond. Here are nine suggestions so you can Be Prepared to say no to tobacco:
– Take a stand and stick up for yourself.
– Say no, and warn about the consequences.
– Say no, but try to add a little humor to your refusal.
– Steer clear and avoid the pressure.
– Say no, and change the subject or suggest something else.
– Reverse the pressure, put on a little pressure of your own.
– Say no, and walk away with no explanation.
– Say no, and ask a question.
– Say no, and give a reason for your refusal.
How will you say no?